What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issue Accepting New App Store Terms of Service

packaok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thebudgetgeek.com
New updates are available for some of my apps. When I try to download them, I receive a pop up stating that the terms of service have changed. I read the changes and accept them. The pop up then thanks me and asks me to try my purchase again. When I dismiss the pop up and retry the download, the new TOS pop up appears again for me to accept. It will not acknowledge that I have accepted the new TOS.

In short, I can neither download any updates, nor purchase new apps. iTunes on my PC is currently behaving in the same way. Anyone else having this issue?

I am running iOS6 on iPad 3.

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't have any updates to do on the iPad, running iOS 6, so I downloaded Podcasts to check it out. Installed it with no problems. Meanwhile, I had a few updates for the iPhone, running 5.1.1 so I set them going too. No problems there either.

coachuno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, my very same experience on all my devices. I too am running iOS6 on an I-Pad 2 and all others. Apple seems to not to have paid off the the "glitch witch". It is darn annoying. Hopefully, the word gets to Apple and they resolve it soon.

coachuno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't have any updates to do on the iPad, running iOS 6, so I downloaded Podcasts to check it out. Installed it with no problems. Meanwhile, I had a few updates for the iPhone, running 5.1.1 so I set them going too. No problems there either.

I would be interested in knowing if you downloaded a free APP on your I-Pad is you have the same issues we have been experiencing. Perhaps it is something to do with the operating system.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess not, and I don't have any updates to check it with.

As I said, Apple are aware of the situation. Hopefully it's sorted in short order.

OP
P

packaok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thebudgetgeek.com
For grins, I tried to download a new (to me) app, Cards. It asked for my Apple password and then presented me with the new TOS pop up. I accepted the new TOS and another pop up appeared informing me that my purchase would begin to download. When I tapped the OK button, the new TOS pop up reappeared. So, until this is resolved, I cannot even make a new purchase in the App Store. Guess Apple has all of my money that they need...

PilotLarry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I am having the same issue. It keeps asking me to accept the agreement and thanks me for doing so. Then I try to update my applications and it asks me again to accept the agreement. This is inexcusable... Apple when are you going to start testing your changes before making them public, instead of just slamming them in and hoping for the best? :(

So Apple is aware of the problem. It would be nice if they actually decided to fix it.

iPad2 on iOS6.

coachuno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just shut all my open apps including App Store. Re-booted each device and then went back to the App Store. On my I-Pod Touch I was able to download straight away. On my I-Pad 2 I had to reenter my store PW and I was able to download a free program as I had no updates necessary on my I-Pad. Hope this helps the rest of you

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm having a slightly different issue.

First, I didn't get that on my iPad...but yet I had an app update this morning. It updated fine at about 7am EST. 2012 iPad running iOS6.

However, this morning, around 4:30am, I went to update an app on my iPhone 4S (recently updated to iOS6). I got the "Terms of Services" deal, accepted, but now the Apps applet is just frozen. It won't respond to any touch, anywhere. Even now, at just passed 7am, it is still not working.

I'm just going to sit back and ride it out. Apple will fix it soon enough. My guess is they discovered the problem this morning and are working it now. It serves little purpose to me to keep poking at it. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts