What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to revert back to a previous software build.

broeddog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad2 updated software yesterday to build 6.1.2 and as a result, my battery life has begun to deplete at a much quicker rate than when it was on 6.1.1. One of the highlights of 6.1.2 was to address batteries, which began to drain at a quicker rate than they were designed to drain. I wasn't having a problem with my battery draining quicker that the designed 10hrs until the most recent update of 6.1.2. My question, is there a way to revert back to a prior build, such as 6.1.1?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, there is no way to downgrade to a prior iOS once Apple has stopped authorizing it. You might have a chance of going to iOS 6.1, but if Apple is still signing it - it won't be long before it is closed. But, anything before that? No can use.

So, you could try it. No guarantees...

Marilyn

OP
broeddog

broeddog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn thanks for the quick response. Can you explain to me how I might accomplish getting back to 6.1.1

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, drat - I am so sorry! In my research to answer your question - I see that Apple has closed the window to downgrade to iOS 6.1. And, iOS 6.1.1 was only for the iPhone 4S.

So, I'm afraid you will have to stay at iOS 6.1.2. Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts