What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I organize my documents into folders

jro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dose anyone know of a way to organize different types of documents into one folder on iPad, the way you would on the desktop of your computer? Say i have a bunch of Scouting documents (pages documents, numbers documents, PDFs, scanned documents, pictures, etc.) and I'd like to put them all in one place and name that place "Scouting Folder". Is there a way to do that in iPad's OS? Or is there an app I can utilize for this?
Thanks

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well ~ I could be wrong. But we can't do that. Yet. When the new OS4 comes out, I think we can.

But I could be wrong! Wait ~ until someone else pops in!

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dose anyone know of a way to organize different types of documents into one folder on iPad, the way you would on the desktop of your computer? Say i have a bunch of Scouting documents (pages documents, numbers documents, PDFs, scanned documents, pictures, etc.) and I'd like to put them all in one place and name that place "Scouting Folder". Is there a way to do that in iPad's OS? Or is there an app I can utilize for this?
Thanks

I resolved this issue by using an application named 'drop box'. I also use it on all of my pc's as well as my droid 1 phone. It gives me the option to access my 'drop box' account (up to 2gig of free storage space) on any of these three os platforms. I also use another application called 'documents to go' to access, change, or create excel, word, and PDF files. With these two applications loaded onto my iPad it has replaced my Hp 2140 net book at least for me.

Last edited:

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use Docs to go to do what you are describing. I would honestly suggest using a google docs account and moving all the documents from your computer straight to google docs. All you would need to do once you have a google docs account set up is put your google credentials into Docs to go. It will wirelessly sync with google docs a d keep a copy of the document on your iPad. Now you can edit the documents from your ipad or from a computer and you will see the same document where ever you look.

One Caveat is that the first time you open a document on the iPad you have to allow it to download which only takes a few seconds. After the initial download it is stored on your device and you won't have to do it again. Hope that helps.

Kinch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May I know what is iTunes' files sharing?

The short answer is that it is Apple's way of making file sharing with your iPad as awkward and as inefficient as possible.

To try it out, connect your iPad to your PC via cable. This will get iTunes running. Select your iPad in iTunes, then select the Apps tab. Down at the bottom of the page you will see the Apps that will allow file sharing between your PC and your iPad.

Most reactions