What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the new screen that big of a deal?

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's like going from SDTVs to HDTVs.... The difference is huge. I hope the New MacBooks have a similar screen lol 0_0

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On the screen issue.. I finally got down to the local Apple Store yesterday to check out the New iPad... There is a difference in resolution, but I wasn't that impressed... However, it sure is perky compared to my old iPad 1... Much faster.. THAT really impressed me :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On the screen issue.. I finally got down to the local Apple Store yesterday to check out the New iPad... There is a difference in resolution, but I wasn't that impressed... However, it sure is perky compared to my old iPad 1... Much faster.. THAT really impressed me :)

What exactly did you do on the iPad at the Apple store to decide how impressed you were?

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zipur said:
Went into best buy to p/u my new iPad. Ask them if they had demos out. They pointed to the demo table and said two are new and the other two are the iPad 2. I could not tell which was which maybe my eyes are bad? So I didn't buy the new one, yet.

"Post are better with pictures ".

See!!! That's what I'm thinking. Everyone knows I'm an Apple junkie, but this new ipad didn't "do it" for me. I was literally hanging on every word the bloggers were typing (the day it was revealed) but even then; nothing screamed out that I HAD to have it. Truthfully, I am somewhat disappointed. This new ipad is much like the iPhone 4s. I really wish I had kept my iPhone 4 because the new changes were really NOT that critical. I'm also wondering WHY I haven't seen or heard anything about the new ipad having Siri? Hoping apple is losing its Midas touch...........

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's weird how half of the people can't see how good the screen is and the other half can. I mean it's better than your HDTV, while HDTV is a lot better than iPad 2. I hope everyone who can't see what double the resolution does, I mean it's like a ten dollar bill and a twenty dollar bill, they both are same color, same size. But you look at that twenty and it's just a ten times two, that's a lot. (well maybe not in this weird example, maybe with 50 to a hundred lol). Ok so ignore the flaws in my example, it's just hard to believe that from a very average number doubled to a number that passed HDTVs can not be that different, and all the top critics were amazed by it too. I mean do people who look at them in stores check the brightness settings first? Idk.. Rant

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blessed said:
See!!! That's what I'm thinking. Everyone knows I'm an Apple junkie, but this new ipad didn't "do it" for me. I was literally hanging on every word the bloggers were typing (the day it was revealed) but even then; nothing screamed out that I HAD to have it. Truthfully, I am somewhat disappointed. This new ipad is much like the iPhone 4s. I really wish I had kept my iPhone 4 because the new changes were really NOT that critical. I'm also wondering WHY I haven't seen or heard anything about the new ipad having Siri? Hoping apple is losing its Midas touch...........

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Persolly i I think it would only be good for videos you tube movies ect more pixels so you see more soo like I've been seeing people say is that if you have ipad1 it would be a good upgrade not so much from ipad2

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure the new iPad's screen is beautiful. I'm afraid to go in the Apple store and look. I got my iPad 2 in August and am a student teacher working well over full time for no pay... New iPad isn't in my budget. I also don't buy things unless my current one is noticeably slowing down. I'm sure my iPad 2 will last me quite a long time. Apple products last a long time. :)

So yes I think from what I've heard the screen is super awesome and there are other improvements, but I wouldn't upgrade even if I had the money.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
I'm sure the new iPad's screen is beautiful. I'm afraid to go in the Apple store and look. I got my iPad 2 in August and am a student teacher working well over full time for no pay... New iPad isn't in my budget. I also don't buy things unless my current one is noticeably slowing down. I'm sure my iPad 2 will last me quite a long time. Apple products last a long time. :)

So yes I think from what I've heard the screen is super awesome and there are other improvements, but I wouldn't upgrade even if I had the money.

If that's the case for you then stick with the 2 :)

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Daylife said:
If that's the case for you then stick with the 2 :)

Haha I was planning on it. Don't have much of a choice. My iPad 2 is still awesome. No complaints. :)

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad2quoi said:
Thanks to you. Thanks to help me realize I cannot discover the # between 720p and 1080i, I am in the 10% who cannot see 3D and I am probably color blind (my family, my friends, my professional buddies would be stunned and mad at me that I have hidden those deficiencies all my life).
Not everything is lost for I can see a very slight # between the two screens as long as someone can push me to notice the big, huge, outstanding, and clearly overwhelming #.

I don't see why anyone would be mad at anyone for being color blind or not see in 3D any more than being so at someone who cannot hear into the 20 KHz range, or is taller or shorter than 5'9". I was stunned to find out the statistics are so high for the range of people that do not see that resolution. Which can lead to some interesting conversations when discussing such topics.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
I don't see why anyone would be mad at anyone for being color blind or not see in 3D any more than being so at someone who cannot hear into the 20 KHz range, or is taller or shorter than 5'9". I was stunned to find out the statistics are so high for the range of people that do not see that resolution. Which can lead to some interesting conversations when discussing such topics.

I can't see 3D :/

lennywc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my New iPad not for the display but for the processing power . I have always believed that the iPad 1 ( which I am writing this on) would function so much better had they given it 1gigabyte of ram . Well finally we have an iPad with a gigabyte and wow it makes a difference it is as smooth as butter now. I really believe that the new iPad would have been even more powerfiul if they just stayed with the ipad2 and ipad1 display . So much of the new power the new iPad has is being sucked up servicing the display. I love the look of the display but I would love the speed the new iPad would have if it only had the old display. I felt the old display was good enough for me. The huge screen size is causing problems with many apps. Google earth is display text information ( cities , places of interest etc) in a microscopically small font , just this one problem as an example. What else will we discover?

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lennywc said:
I bought my New iPad not for the display but for the processing power . I have always believed that the iPad 1 ( which I am writing this on) would function so much better had they given it 1gigabyte of ram . Well finally we have an iPad with a gigabyte and wow it makes a difference it is as smooth as butter now. I really believe that the new iPad would have been even more powerfiul if they just stayed with the ipad2 and ipad1 display . So much of the new power the new iPad has is being sucked up servicing the display. I love the look of the display but I would love the speed the new iPad would have if it only had the old display. I felt the old display was good enough for me. The huge screen size is causing problems with many apps. Google earth is display text information ( cities , places of interest etc) in a microscopically small font , just this one problem as an example. What else will we discover?

All the developers are working extra hard to up scale for this beautiful screen, give it a couple of weeks and all apps will have the resolution of the me iPad.

Most reactions