What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the 16GB new iPad storage enough (for who have it)?

Psittacus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm in Europe (so sorry my english
:p) and the new iPad would be on sale just on 23March. I will
probably buy the 16GB version.

The question is: Is that storage enough? Many people say that it's "suicide", but i really want to here the opinion of who already have it. :)

Documents and that stuff I will put on dropbox... I'm thinking of have more or less 10GB of apps only...

Cheers!

Last edited:

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a 16gb ipad 2 & wish I bought a bigger one. Apps for the iPad are so much bigger (and more expensive) than apps on Android. I had to take all my movies off just to make room for apps...I've had the iPad for about 2 months & I only have 3gb left! Buy the biggest one you can afford!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can make do with the 16 Gb, but remember that on any computer, some of the drive stores the system. You will have more management to do, and will have to forgo many things with only 16 Gb. You would b a lot happier with 32 Gb. It is like boat engines, you don't want to go with the base model for your boat when you get caught in a storm.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 64GB iPad 1 and thought I'd try a 16GB iPad 2 when they first started selling, since I was going to have two iPads. I started loading apps and other content onto the 16GB, saw how quickly I was filling it and immediately returned it for a 64GB iPad 2.

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I purchased my origina iPad I went for the 32GB figuring that whould be more than fine. For the past few months, waiting for the new iPad to release, I've had to play carefully deciding what I was going to remove/add because I've been out of space. I purchased the 64GB happily, better to have a little extra space than not enough. Good luck!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With various apps upgrading to take advantage of the new iPad's retina screen resolution, some apps are only going to grow in size. That will make storage more challenging with 16GBs, even on iPad 1 and 2.

Martinbowden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started with 16gb iPad one found it filled to quickly and took it back for 32gb in a week ,find 32gb just right for my needs

OP
P

Psittacus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One more question: Can I open/edit documents/images/vids that arent on the iPad, but on the SD (with adapter)?

:)

gatecitycanes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
16GB has always been plenty for me. I don't really use it for movies or music, so I've never come close to filling it.

cellur111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me just say I have a 64 go iPad and I have used 40 go so far..and only have 19.3 go left but I also download apps that take up over 1gb at a time..if you only download apps that don't take up space and songs then 16gb is best for you

Last edited:

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gatecitycanes said:
16GB has always been plenty for me. I don't really use it for movies or music, so I've never come close to filling it.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2575875330101329550zQkxDz

Thanks for that picture I'm exactly like you with not putting movies or music in there, and you have over a hundred apps and have a lot of room still, I think 16gb with 4g is better than wifi only 32gb for me (I was strained in between those options)

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
16GB can be big enough, but (there is always a but) it very much depend what you want to use it for. If you have lots of music or photo's, it may start be be an issue and space management will be required. Apps and some books can also be heavy on memory/space.

I suggest that you first decide what you want to use it for before you decide.

The other way to look at it is to buy the biggest you can afford and manage your usage accordingly.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts