What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is my new ipad used?

homebody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to see if my iPad was used and then wiped clean and sold as new?

Thanks,

Homebody

lpblackjack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think so. Did you buy it directly from Apple? I would be very surprised if they would sell anyone a used iPad. Their reputation is too strong to risk that.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way to see if my iPad was used and then wiped clean and sold as new?

Thanks,

Homebody

Hi there, I don't think you would know if it was used if it was wiped clean and reset to factory settings. Perhaps you can asses whether it was used by exterior scratches and such. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to:

iPad Accessories |iPad Help|iPad Hacking | iPad Games | iPad for Business and Education | Special Needs iPad Forum | iPad for Health Forum

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0, 5.1 & 6.0:*
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPhone User Guide For iOS 6 by Apple Inc.

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

OP
H

homebody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a strange situation. I did some work for a friend who is an Apple Certified Beta Tester Mac everything guy. I get this "new" iPad 3rd Generation and I've got 5 bars and an AT&T cellular display. I don't have an AT&T account. I contact AT&T and tell them the cellular data phone number and the account belongs to the guy that I did the work for. So apparently, I've got a used iPad as payment and he got a new one.

Homebody

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a strange situation. I did some work for a friend who is an Apple Certified Beta Tester Mac everything guy. I get this "new" iPad 3rd Generation and I've got 5 bars and an AT&T cellular display. I don't have an AT&T account. I contact AT&T and tell them the cellular data phone number and the account belongs to the guy that I did the work for. So apparently, I've got a used iPad as payment and he got a new one.

Homebody

Have you asked this "friend" about this? I certainly would.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your SIM card was activated on an AT&T account. Your iPad could have still been new, just your SIM card replaced with an active one.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd still think to ask just for clarification, homebody. What thewitt says can be true, just for your concern it would be good to inquire.

OP
H

homebody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, but its his SIM card. I asked the AT&T rep if the account belonged to him and they confirmed it was his. All I can say is... he's busted!

MB50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
homebody said:

Homebody

Good friend

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions