What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible 2 make a folder 2 put all your screen shortcuts in

eddiethebhoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the ipad3 and was wanting to know is it possible to make a folder to be able to put all your icons for your apps etc into one folder so that your screen isnt covered in apps all over the place. I would deeply appreciate it if you knew , could you type it out in laymens terms how to do this as I am just new at using the ipad. Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the ipad3 and was wanting to know is it possible to make a folder to be able to put all your icons for your apps etc into one folder so that your screen isnt covered in apps all over the place. I would deeply appreciate it if you knew , could you type it out in laymens terms how to do this as I am just new at using the ipad. Thanks

Sure is!

Press and hold any app until it starts to "wiggle" (Apple's term). Then, while its wiggling, and with your finger still touching it, drag it on top of another icon. They will merge together and a folder will be created. It's hard to describe the effect, but here's a picture of what it will look like:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333157521.171237.jpg

The iPad will automatically title the folder. However, you can rename the folder however you wish by pressing your finger in that white field (where the word Photography is in this picture).

As long as the apps are wiggling, you can drag them in and out of any folder - or create as many folders as you wish. You may also notice that the folders themselves wiggle, so you can move them around also (but no, you can't put a folder within a folder).

Once you are done making folders or moving around apps, then press the Home button once to stop the wiggling. And, you're done.

Hope that helps. Holler back if you need more...

Marilyn

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Depending on how many apps you have, you may need more than one folder. I believe you can only put up to twenty apps in a folder.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like is that you cannot start a folder with just one app. You need two to start! Not a big deal, but would be nice.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, you need two to start, but once the folder is made - you can drag one back out. Then, you'll have a folder with just one app in it.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts