What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it my imagination or is the new OS autocorrect horrid?

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't have any issues with both 4.3 or 5 on my old 2 but since getting the 3 and having the 6 OS, autocorrect seems awful. It subs half words that aren't even real words and subs actual words with something not even close. It confuses me why this is so bad. Anybody else have issues with autocorrect being noticeably different in the newest OS?
I'm about to turn mine off because it is so frustrating!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that maybe your new AutoCorrect has to "learn"? Over time, the computer picks up what you normally type and seems to work better. So, in comparing it to your older iPads, maybe what you need to do is give it a bit more time to adjust?

Which is to say that I've not noticed a bad problem with AutoCorrect on my iOS 6 running Mini. So, all I can give is sympathy. Sorry. :)

Marilyn

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure your keyboard is set to the correct language?

Thaïs os whatever happent if it si SET to french, for exemple.

lol. I'd better translate that to what I actually typed.

This is what happens if it is set to French, for example.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
N

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, correct language. It is just weird because even though it was new and had OS5, the auto correct was good. But after the update to OS 6, it's all wanky. I dunno. I don't have any other problems and the typical 2 button hold reset didn't change anything. Not worth wiping and restoring the device though. Just wondered if anybody else was having issues. Maybe I should just learn how to type correctly, huh?!

Most reactions