What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Iconoclasm Better Than Gridlock?

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have been using Gridlock on my JB iPad 2 iOS5 and it seems kind of buggy on MY iPad (iPulse theme from Winterboard too). Sometimes I can't move icons around or my Mail icon turns pure white. Sometimes a reboot or respring will temporarily fix it but it eventually returns. I've uninstalled & reinstalled as ell with the same issue. Something just isn't playing nice with it...

I saw here on the forum as well in Cydia many are using Iconoclasm to get a similar effect as Gridlock but it is a but more. Is it any goo? Does anyone have any issues with it? Does it seem better than Gridlock?

Thanks

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's user preference. I use to run Gridlock, but as you said there's a bit extra from Iconoclasm. Give it a week's worth of trial and compare it to the Gridlock experience.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Each does it's own thing, and personally I use them both together.

The problems you describe with white icons are not related to gridlock specifically. It means your icon cache is corrupting, hence the reason a respring is fixing it. My iPad2 was also doing this, but a restore and re-jailbreak fixed it completely.

I would suggest installing the latest "Corona 5.0.1 Untether" package from Cydia if you don't already have it on there. That may resolve the issues.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts