What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple getting ready to launch an 128GB iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SonicBodhi said:
Exactly. As a first-time Apple buyer, I ordered online directly from the Apple website, and had an inscription put on the back, as they were running a special promotion to inscribe it for free. I have had relatively few of the problems mentioned by other folks except that one or two of my third party apps got 'broken' by the 6.01 update, and the feud with Google which caused them to remove the native YouTube app. I did have to do one restore from iTunes right after I bought it, but it was because of some jail-break thing I did that somehow messed it up. Haven't had that many complaints otherwise. The Siri thing was fun for a while, but then it got annoying because I would have to repeat a command several times before Siri would finally comprehend what I was saying, so I eventually just shut it off. More of a novelty to me than a productivity tool, really.

I feel like the product is fresher coming from the factory rather than buy at an Apple store and I don't do new product lines EVER. I went to nest buy because it was close to work to check out some stuff but I eventually ordered from Apple online. Great customer service all around right down to the UPS guy who delivers my stuff. It's the same guy that delivers my doggiefood and everything else. I like that I am keeping him employed LOL.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC using iPF

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Save your money, you can almost guarantee a 250gb version of either the 4 or 5 will no doubt be on its way too, like they did with the playstation and xbox. Its a good way for companies to sell the same model just with an upgrade to memory to shift more units. They knew from the start we would eventually need more than 64gb. They all do it.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
therealriley said:
Save your money, you can almost guarantee a 250gb version of either the 4 or 5 will no doubt be on its way too, like they did with the playstation and xbox. Its a good way for companies to sell the same model just with an upgrade to memory to shift more units. They knew from the start we would eventually need more than 64gb. They all do it.

Why even bother with the 250 model? I'm gonna sit tight for the 1 GB version. Yeah.... ONE GB. Yee Haw! :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I feel like the product is fresher coming from the factory rather than buy at an Apple store and I don't do new product lines EVER. I went to nest buy because it was close to work to check out some stuff but I eventually ordered from Apple online. Great customer service all around right down to the UPS guy who delivers my stuff. It's the same guy that delivers my doggiefood and everything else. I like that I am keeping him employed LOL.

We don't have lines around here any more. We did in March 2011 for the iPad 2. But when iPad 3 and the mini were released, no more lines. You could walk into to either an Apple Store and/or a Best Buy and find no lines. And I did both on release day...zero waiting. I preferred this to having a delivery because people were following UPS trucks to pick up deliveries....

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why even bother with the 250 model? I'm gonna sit tight for the 1 GB version. Yeah.... ONE GB. Yee Haw! :)

Have they released a MBA with 1TB yet? (I think you meant 1TB).

I think they would do that first before putting it in an iPad.

But yeah...eventually.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have they released a MBA with 1TB yet? (I think you meant 1TB).

I think they would do that first before putting it in an iPad.

But yeah...eventually.

That's a LONG way off. The iPad is essentially using a SDHC card for storage because that's the only drive that makes the form-factor possible. The technology has only recently come out to make 1TB and 2TB SD cards possible (2010, iirc) and I don't think anyone's making them yet because they aren't commercially viable. The 256GB cards hit the scene in September 2012 and cost $400, and until those come down to ~$100 I don't think Apple will be adding them to the line-up since they'd make for a very expensive iPad.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We don't have lines around here any more. We did in March 2011 for the iPad 2. But when iPad 3 and the mini were released, no more lines. You could walk into to either an Apple Store and/or a Best Buy and find no lines. And I did both on release day...zero waiting. I preferred this to having a delivery because people were following UPS trucks to pick up deliveries....

Depending on my convenience, I have stuff delivered to work, where there's always someone to sign for my stuff and store it safely, or I have stuff sent to a 24-hour FedEx that's five minutes from my place. The Apple store is a block away, but the FedEx is easier to get to (plenty of parking) and always open.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depending on my convenience, I have stuff delivered to work, where there's always someone to sign for my stuff and store it safely, or I have stuff sent to a 24-hour FedEx that's five minutes from my place. The Apple store is a block away, but the FedEx is easier to get to (plenty of parking) and always open.

The thing I like about delivery -- you get the exact model you want, vs. the store, where you might or might not.

The surprising thing with my iPad 4, they delivered a day before sales officially started at stores. That was was random.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's a LONG way off. The iPad is essentially using a SDHC card for storage because that's the only drive that makes the form-factor possible. The technology has only recently come out to make 1TB and 2TB SD cards possible (2010, iirc) and I don't think anyone's making them yet because they aren't commercially viable. The 256GB cards hit the scene in September 2012 and cost $400, and until those come down to ~$100 I don't think Apple will be adding them to the line-up since they'd make for a very expensive iPad.

I'm not actually sure what kind of memory the iPad uses...I haven't bothered to look it up...is it the same as a flash card or it is SSD memory? These are not the same, as SSD is much, much faster than what's inside the flash drives. But yeah, your point is taken...but eventually it will happen. I have a 500 GB SSD...it wasn't super expensive, either.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I won't have things delievered to make workspace. I tried it once and it took way longer to get it once it got to my workplace. Not blaming FeDex or UPS, though. Just how it is. But I've done both (had stuff delivered to home and going to the store). I think in the future, I will likely just go to Best Buy depending, of course, on how badly I want whatever it is. Having it delivered has the important advantage of getting exactly what you want, which might not be in stock in the stores when first released. Usually they have them at the Apple Store, though. Either is equally convenient for me.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The thing I like about delivery -- you get the exact model you want, vs. the store, where you might or might not.

The surprising thing with my iPad 4, they delivered a day before sales officially started at stores. That was was random.

Right...didn't see this when I replied to your last post....Yes, Apple beat their own delivery dates late time. That is a good habit to keep up! :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
therealriley said:

LOL, literally, so true.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts