What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple getting ready to launch an 128GB iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MILJAN said:
Only? Market price for that memory is much,much lower.

Sent from my iPad 4

Then you would have to purchase a different product other then Apple. Don't think this will change anytime soon...

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Munky said:
Myself, if they made a 4TB iPad that cost $5000, I'd buy it.

They will in 2015 according to the movie Back to the Future III. I checked into the movie via Get Glue yesterday or Saturday and posted that in the year 2015 our 10TB iPads will double as hover boards, just goofing around. If you are familiar the movie that are in the year 2015 but it looks like the Jetsons with their flying cars and space age clothes etc. The kids use hover boards instead of skate boards. Too funny. Meantime, on Facebook and tumblr all I do is forward vintage art and photography along with everyone else LOL.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They will in 2015 according to the movie Back to the Future III. I checked into the movie via Get Glue yesterday or Saturday and posted that in the year 2015 our 10TB iPads will double as hover boards, just goofing around. If you are familiar the movie that are in the year 2015 but it looks like the Jetsons with their flying cars and space age clothes etc. The kids use hover boards instead of skate boards. Too funny. Meantime, on Facebook and tumblr all I do is forward vintage art and photography along with everyone else LOL.

2015 huh just in time for the new Star Wars movie!!!

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Really, the argument that it's extra gear is a little spurious. A 2.5" drive is not that bulky, and unless you are carrying your iPad around in your hand everywhere you go, I'm sure you've got some kind of a case for it. It probably even has side pockets in it.

I know lots of people feel that way but personally I am always looking to lighten the load. I didn't buy an iPad to lug around an external drive, wireless keyboard, and other crap. If I were hauling all that, I'd just get an Air with the extra storage and keyboard built-in. Every external drive outside of the AirStash adds another 50% or so in weight - not for me.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed, there is certainly a good sized buyer pool that will use and appreciate that much storage. I'm not that guy, but I can see people using it. Music and video are likely in heavy use if you do need that much storage. Unless there are some other things that take up that much? I know that apps can get numerous but I tend to only have a handful in heavy rotation so to speak. I remove apps that I don't touch for months on end. You can always re-download them should to get the itch again.

For me, mobile devices are convenience items. If I have to lug around extra crap, or keep removing content when I don't want to, that's an inconvenience.

I figure everyone uses their iPads differently, and it's not my concern what others do with theirs, or vice versa. Buy what you want and can afford, and use your iPad however you like. If I wanted to buy a huge iPad to do nothing but load up with a zillion cat photos downloaded off the Internet and that's what I enjoyed, I'd do it, lol. I wouldn't need to justify it to anyone but myself and my wallet.

mahall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most retail stores will not even carry it!! Why? Demand is not there! Look at the sales of the 64 compared to the 32 and 16!! Most people will not feel the need to have this, like most of the products that Apple roles out that's all!! If they would have added the 128 to a the next big upgrade it would have been more in line with Apples patterns!! And most main stream IPad users would not consider such a pricy tablet! Of course, most people on this site will run out and buy! But not the typical person just looking for a inexpensive tablet.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most retail stores will not even carry it!! Why? Demand is not there! Look at the sales of the 64 compared to the 32 and 16!! Most people will not feel the need to have this, like most of the products that Apple roles out that's all!! If they would have added the 128 to a the next big upgrade it would have been more in line with Apples patterns!! And most main stream IPad users would not consider such a pricy tablet! Of course, most people on this site will run out and buy! But not the typical person just looking for a inexpensive tablet.

Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

http://mashable.com/2012/03/29/ipad-sales-shipping-data/

Buyers aimed either high or low. The most popular new iPad models were the most basic option — the 16GB Wi-Fi Only model — and the 64GB Wi-Fi + 4G model.

SonicBodhi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Do you understand what YMMV means? If you did, you would not have bothered to write all of this. Do what you want....no one is standing in your way. Just don't expect everyone to see things they way you do.

No, actually I don't know what YMMV means, why don't you enlighten me since I'm basically brand new here? Also, I don't really think that I have tried to force my viewpoint down anyone's throat here. So is it against the rules to be passionate about one's opinion here, or is everyone going to get snarky every time someone tries to have a serious discussion in here? If so, let me know now, and I'll just uninstall the forum app now, because I'd rather deal with mature adults, and not people who can't control their emotions. My apologies for any misunderstandings on yours or any of the rest of this community's part.

SonicBodhi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
epb said:
I know lots of people feel that way but personally I am always looking to lighten the load. I didn't buy an iPad to lug around an external drive, wireless keyboard, and other crap. If I were hauling all that, I'd just get an Air with the extra storage and keyboard built-in. Every external drive outside of the AirStash adds another 50% or so in weight - not for me.

Sure, I get that. For the same reason, some people prefer minis to the regular size iPad because it will fit in their pocket.

On a personal note, I'm one of those people who will go out and buy the extra gear, and then get something to haul it in. I have a laptop for which I bought a laptop backpack, cooling fan and a couple of external drives, as well as a usb mouse, since I hate the touch pad.

For that reason, it doesn't bother me to carry around a little more gear for my iPad since I'm used to hauling around a much bigger and bulkier affair.

To each his/ her own.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Yes

There was so little fanfare about the 125GB that I wondered what was going on.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It's Apple's prob whether there's demand or not. They can take care of their own business as far as I'm concerned. I don't waste my time worrying about other people's finances, because unless it's my money, my opinion doesn't matter.

I do most of my shopping, including Apple stuff, online. It couldn't care less whether the 128GB models are in stores or not.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:

Do I remember that movie...I have a DeLorean! lol

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
It's Apple's prob whether there's demand or not. They can take care of their own business as far as I'm concerned. I don't waste my time worrying about other people's finances, because unless it's my money, my opinion doesn't matter.

I do most of my shopping, including Apple stuff, online. It couldn't care less whether the 128GB models are in stores or not.

I always buy online. Closest I got to buying Apple in the store is an online purchase to pick up!!! Never again!!! I don't recommend. Thought I would pick up a touch on the way home at the grand central location in NY one day. I still has to wait an hour. And about 2 years ago to to try to salvage my dying iPod classic and bought a new discounted one. That's it. My 4 I just bought online didn't go into the store to look at it.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Asharp said:
There was so little fanfare about the 125GB that I wondered what was going on.

Maybe people don't need it since they already bought a mini or new iPad 64GB like me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts