What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is 5.1.1 jb worth if you are on 5.0.1 jb?

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I am on 5.0.1 jb. The jb for 5.1.1 seems to be around the corner.

Is there any point in upgrading to 5.1.1 to jb (when available)? I dont want to go through all the hassle of backing up, restore, jb, reinstall everything and troubleshooting unless 5.1.1 really has something meaty.

Any thoughts?

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Is there any point in upgrading to 5.1.1 to jb (when available)? I dont want to go through all the hassle of backing up, restore, jb, reinstall everything and troubleshooting unless 5.1.1 really has something meaty.

Any thoughts?

Pod2g had mentioned a couple days ago on Twitter that "4S battery management seems really better with 5.1.1"
I hope that this carries through to the iPad also.

Cheers, Dan

andrewak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gzoladz said:

Any thoughts?

Another one is that some apps can't be updated on 5.0.1 - I do have three

OP
Gzoladz

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dan, true. I will watch that space although the battery life of my ipad is pretty good at the moment.

Andre, there is a workaround that. A risky one but it works.

Most reactions

Latest posts