What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is 2012 the end??

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David79 said:
I loved the original!

Me too........something at the back of my mind is saying Chin Ho.......but something at the front of my mind is saying, shut up you blithering idiot, you're making me look like an idiot now!

The Archangel

Reaction score
If I remember right this prediction is based on the fact that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012.

Given how difficult the computation and recording process was in the Mayan culture and time, I figure the guy who was making the calendar died before he got any further. I mean, how many mathematically talented stone carving calendar obsessed Mayans could there have been? Everyone else was perfectly content to just make copies, which was dedication enough considering the materials. ;)

Ever notice the calendar stops because it ran out of room ? I'm thinking the guy just didn't want to start over on a bigger tablet.
If you research it, it shows the other "prophets" were sniffing aluminum vapors, drinking different concoctions, etc to get their insight.
I'm with the other Bible believers, we won't know until it happens because God said no one but He knows and got a laugh at the preachers who said they had an inside track to God back in 1999.
Yes even we Christians don't know and are foolish if we say otherwise.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Last edited:

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In 1987 I received a little booklet in the mail, as did almost every other pastor in the U.S. It was titled "88 Reasons Why the World Will End In 1988." A year later it was revised to "89 Reasons Why the World Will End in 1989."

There are websites that list the predictions of the end of the world. The one I like best is The millennium and end-of-the-world predictions.
There have been tens of thousands of prediction of the end of the world. At least one every year, usually more than one. Some years, like 2000 get more attention. Any year ending in 0 gets more predictions of the end, double 00 gets even more and the triple 000 really sets off alarm bells. Now 2012 is getting lots of attention, for reasons already stated.

I don't believe 2012 will be the end, any more than 2000 or 1000 was. What difference does it make? I try to live my life as if every day might be the last, and like I'll be around forever.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually the world ended when the heavy collider at Cern was switched on.

We haven't realised we're all dead and the figment of a dream by a tortoise floating in the abyss on the backs of four elephants who.........

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The world will never end. I have too much invested and I forbid it.

Fortunately, if I am wrong and it does end, we won't be forced to listen to all of the inevitable "I told you so" comments. The apple/android/PC debates will end as we slowly decompose.

Bob

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just hope that Apple gets to release the iPad 3 and iPhone 6 before the end comes...so I have some time to play with the new toys...

I love your little walking Felix? Is that who it is? I want it!:D

Anyways ~ around here there are huge billboards stating, our world is ending May 21, 2011.

I have a thread out on it somewhere. But, our clock is ticking, here in Cali.:)

Reaction score

Fortunately, if I am wrong and it does end, we won't be forced to listen to all of the inevitable "I told you so" comments. The apple/android/PC debates will end as we slowly decompose.

Bob

And the Ipad still won't have Flash:D

Support Our Troops!!

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Bob

And the Ipad still won't have Flash:D

Support Our Troops!!

And it still won't have a volume control knob, either. Just as useful as (cough, spit, shudder) Flash. Wait, I can use Frash which is just as useless as Flash (Smiley) So it matters little.

Three years before the last day, it will have Flump, a format that will surpass the program that we dare not speak of.

Bob - Flash Free since 1965. Except for my Sylvania bulbs which do not count.

ATC2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David Vice said:
I just wanted to know what the rest of the world thinks about the end of days in year 2012. Whats your opinion?

iPads become self aware. It turns out that they found the finger swipe to be very irritating. it all happened very fast.

Most reactions

Latest posts