What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipod videos to Ipad

jetjock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a bunch of Ipod videos. Is the format compatible with the Ipad-can I load them to my Ipad through itunes?

Thanks
jj

NeilM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
same question here. I just sync'd my IPhone4 videos to itunes. When I sync'd my iPad, I could not find the videos. TIA for any help on this.

jecastej

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pixetnia.com
Drag them to iTunes again when connected to the iPad, however it is possible there could be a better official happier way. I hope you don't need 2 files of the same movie, it wont make to much sense.

The iPhone videos should work fine on the iPad as the top limit on the iPad video capability is higher than on the iPhone, even than on the new iPhone 4. You could find out exactly on this post. Screen resolution / image quality on iDevices

I mean the iPad video player is way more capable than on any iPhone but the encoder file format is the same H.264. I don't believe there is a problem such as too small video for the iPad. Video capabilities are described as "up to this size". In the end if it plays on the iPhone it should play fine on the iPad. Now your problem could be How to sync the same videos on 2 different devices using the same computer and account.

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have some old iPod films i use on the iPad.
Obviously for the best resolution iPad specific would be better, but they play fine for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts