What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPhoto for IPad App how do you resize ?

tellboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloaded the iPhoto app and the main thing I expected it to do was resize pictures as screen clips on the the Ipad3 seem to a very large file size when sending by email.
Does anyone know how to do it . Surely they would not release it without this very basic function yet put in loads of other effects ?

maryd4255

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tellboy said:
Just downloaded the iPhoto app and the main thing I expected it to do was resize pictures as screen clips on the the Ipad3 seem to a very large file size when sending by email.
Does anyone know how to do it . Surely they would not release it without this very basic function yet put in loads of other effects ?

I would like a way to resize pictures, too. Let me know if that works.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Re-sizing images seems to be a limitation of many of the photo apps for the iPad - I also have iPhoto and cannot find that as a choice (can be done on the Mac w/ iPhoto as an export function). I also own Snapseed & Photogene - the latter does have an export option to resize an image although only several choices are offered at least for those photos of smaller resolution.

I'll be quite curious to see if others have found a 'way' in iPhoto (or if Apple will update the iOS version SOON to permit that function!) - :rolleyes:

Abrish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the iPad iPhoto app...can I now delete the "photos" app that cam with the iPad? I now have the same pictures in both apps.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Abrish said:
I downloaded the iPad iPhoto app...can I now delete the "photos" app that cam with the iPad? I now have the same pictures in both apps.

No, iPhoto is getting the photos from the photos app,they are not being duplicated and besides the photos app is a generic app that comes with all i devices and as such cannot be deleted, such as weather,stocks etc

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi Abrish - welcome to the forum! :)

As already stated, the native Photo App for the iPad CANNOT be deleted, and iPhoto picks up the images from that native app - the images are NOT duplicated but links are established between the two programs; so basically you need to have both on your iPad or just the native app - hope this helps!

Most reactions

Latest posts