What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone App Development - Some beginner question

manojpatidar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.tanzaniteinfotech.com
Hello Friends,

I've been tasked with creating an app, but I have zero experience with iOS development. I have general programming knowledge, particularly with Java, JavaScript and PHP (I'm more a web developer than a programmer). I have dabbled with C, Xcode and various other languages and IDEs in the past, but I remember very little.
I'm having trouble with.

1- story board

2- If using storyboard, where do the implementation and source files come from?

3- If using a storyboard, do I still need to have a .xib?

Help out friends.

Thanks
:rolleyes:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you get the iTunes U app, or visit iTunes U in iTunes on a computer you'll find a iOS Developer's course from Stanford.

I think this one is the most recent:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/developing-ios-7-apps-for/id733644550

But there is probably a new one starting soon, if not already in progress. Not that you need to join an in progress course. The complete ones, provided they are for the right version of iOS, are probably the better resource.

And that is about all I can help with. I've never gotten past the fourth lesson without finding an excuse to give up and do something else; dilettante that I am. Though I have gotten pretty good at making a simple calculator. :eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts