What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4 - if you have the money and the ability...

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would buy as many as possible, and then resell them on eBay for 100 or even 300 or more profit. Hell a 30 dollar camera connection kit sold for 180 bucks not too long ago, you could make a killing on iPhones - IF you can get your hands on them and ESPECIALLY if they are unlocked (according to Numblock a lot of the carriers in Canada will be selling them unlocked, if you lived in Canada or near the border...)

:D

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They pale in comparison to how much you could mark those up though. Can't beat your first post agreeing with me! Hearty welcome to you!

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, but most of the phones on eBay are unlocked anyhow. So anyone buying one will already know they are paying full price. Anyone looking on eBay usually knows about unlocked phones.

When they are backordered like 2-3 months, you could probably sell them for a grand. Even the 3GS is still going for 4-6 hundred right now.

As another example, the Droid Incredible has been backordered pretty much since release day and some people are selling them for 7-9 hundred on eBay, and that's without nearly as much hype as the iPhone.

brinatech.com

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered iPhone 4 for myself. It says it'll ship on July 14th. I was'nt due for upgrade yet, so I'll going to shell out $499, but hopefully can sell my 3gs for at least $300 to $400, so not bad. It's better then waiting for my AT&T upgrade date in 2011.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow ! Tempting offer! It's difficult to get an unlocked Iphone out here. and the carrier here is skyrocketing their prices.

Apple259

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But even if ebay fees don't matter, what about canceling at&t's service after u sell it? Isn't that like $300?

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you buy them unlocked, there is no cancel fee because you aren't under contract.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, but most of the phones on eBay are unlocked anyhow. So anyone buying one will already know they are paying full price. Anyone looking on eBay usually knows about unlocked phones.

ebay iphones are hack unlocked not permanently unlocked. You have to unlock them agian for each firmware update.
That's somewhat my point. You have an older not really unlocked unlocked phone so to speak, and it still goes for that much. If you can get a legit unlocked one from Canada and resell it, it should go for just as much if not more.

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just for the hell of it, I put my 32gb 3GS on Craigslist for $550 to see if someone will bite. There's been a few on there and on eBay that have gone for even more, so it someone will take mine for $550, then I'll be able to get the iphone4 for no money out of pocket after taxes. That'll work for me.

If not, no big deal, as the new iPhone isn't that big of an upgrade over the 3GS to be worth spending money on it for me. The main upgrades that I'm interested in are the software upgrades, which I'll get with an update.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are the cxl fees these days? buy phone, cxl contract, sell phone.

Most reactions

Latest posts