What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipads and the applecare cover

snowfun87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am about to update my Ipad pro to a new 10.5. For the first time I am considering taking applecare cover. I read that , and dont quote me , you are allowed a couple of "accidents" that they will cover.

Being a person who has managed to drop two ipads , I was wondering if anyone has had this happen?. They have an ipad they dropped whilst under the apple care and apple fixed it up no problem.

To me this would be a valid expense even though I have contents insurance there is a hefty excess.

So just wondering worth it or not?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you never actually make an accidental damage claim with AppleCare+, it may seem like a waste of money but if you ever use it it's certainly worth it. AppleCare+ also extends the standard warranty to two years and you get 2 years of telephone technical support, up from the 90 days that comes with the purchase of the iPad.
I’ve never actually used the accidental damage provision of AppleCare+ Plus for any of my iPads but I certainly needed it for my iPhone 6 Plus which had a failing touchscreen controller replaced 2 weeks before the AppleCare+ expired. Two days before it expired, I dropped my iPhone and cracked the screen which was replaced under the accidental damage provision for $85.00.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Like SciFan, I've used my AppleCare+ to replace a broken iPhone. I get it for the iPad too. I've never used the accident protecdtion for myiPads, I have used Tech Support once, when all my iCloud contents disappeard. I worked with a tech to get my account restored from a backup. That was a few years ago.

The peace of mind alone is enough. You go from "I dropped my phone did-I-break-it-panic-attacks" to "I dropped my phone really-annoyed-that-I-might-have-broken-it-attacks".

Many carriers offer similar insurance these days. Some offer theft insurance. Do some research before choosing between carrier and Apple insurance. Just because the provisions look good on paper doesn't mean the cusomer sevice is good. I'd rather have slighly fewer provisions or pay a bit more than deal with lousy custoemer service.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The best advantages AppleCare+ has over third party insurance is the two years of telephone technical support and the fact that you can go to any Apple Store or authorized Apple service centre and get service.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I never had it for iPhone or iPad but always for a new Macbook.

The telephone support is second to none and worth the money just for that alone.

Joanna91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it this year for my iPad because I dropped my last one and had a cracked screen. If you get the AppleCare package, it doesn't cover everything but is supposed to give you a discount if you do stupid stuff like me dropping the iPad.

MichaelButera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have a iPad but i drop it too. It has a little crack in upper left of the screen. Is the apple customer service wont cover it?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i have a iPad but i drop it too. It has a little crack in upper left of the screen. Is the apple customer service wont cover it?
Accidental damage such as a cracked screen caused by dropping the iPad is not covered under the standard warranty. AppleCare+ will cover up to two instances of accidental damage upon payment of a $49.00 service fee for each incident.

MichaelButera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Accidental damage such as a cracked screen caused by dropping the iPad is not covered under the standard warranty. AppleCare+ will cover up to two instances of accidental damage upon payment of a $49.00 service fee for each incident.

Thanks for the reply sir scifan57.

Most reactions

Latest posts