What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPadOS 14.01 won’t accept Apple ID Password

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know that my Apple ID password is correct, because I’ve used it several times in the past 2 days, including 1 hour ago.

System Prefs informed me that I must sign in again to my Apple ID account - one result of upgrading this 12.9” Gen3 iPad to iPadOS 14.01.

I’ve tried 5 or 6 times and each time it fails. “Unexpected error.” I have a robust internet connection.

Might there be a bug-like issue with this aspect of iPadOS 14? Any ideas on what else to try?

Thank you for your time!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I havn’t heard of any bugs like this on the blogs and Apple news sites.

If you have not done so recently, restart the iPad.

Be certain you haven’t accidently actived caps lock. I’ve done this too many times to count.

Go to icloud.com in a browser and see if you can sign in there. This will confirm whether you have an actual password issue while bypassing the iPad’s account settings.

Go to your Apple ID account and see if it shows you signed in. If the previous test showed a good password, you can try signing out and back in. Be careful about what questions about what to keep and delete say.

Just in case, do a back up first.

Also, if you have Apple Care, don’t forget you can call Apple Tech Support.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That’s the most likely cause then. It’s showing resolved now, so I’m hoping it’s all good before you read my reply.

Most reactions

Latest posts