What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Ipad mini will not accept my apple ID and password

robert4442

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad mini will not accept my apple ID and password when I am trying to set up my Icloud. I know my apple Id and password are correct. What do I do to get Icloud to get working on mu Ipad mini

OP
R

robert4442

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad mini will not accept my apple ID and password when I am trying to set up my Icloud. I know my apple Id and password are correct. What do I do to get Icloud to get working on mu Ipad mini

OP
R

robert4442

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to sign in ti iCloud on my Ipad mini3. I go to settings and then to iCloud and then on the right side I put in my appleID and my password. My appleid is an gmail email address. I put it in the place at the top with the password and click on sign in and the I get and dialog box that says Verification Failed The connection to cloud timed out. I know my apple ID is correct and so is my password. What do I do now.

OP
R

robert4442

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a good setup. I do not use WiFi to my computer I have it connected directed.. I have a blackberry playbook that uses my WiFi and is good and well and my Kodak printer that uses my WiFi. I can use the internet on my iPad mini and get many websites on it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This may seem silly, but if you have multiple keyboard languages enabled, make sure you are using the same language you created the password with. Also, keep an eye on the shift key. Auto-capitalize has been known to add a cap to the first letter of passwords when you don't want one.

If you have not done so, you can test your iCloud User ID and Password by going to icloud.com on a computer. If it works there you absolutely know you've got the right password. If it doesn't then something else happened.

It is important to understand that while your Apple ID and iCloud ID are usually the same, they don't have to be. Depending on how things got set up, they can be different.

OP
R

robert4442

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. My keyboard is English. I went to iCloud.com and checked out my appleID and username and got into the site. Yet using the same info I cannot get into my iPad mini.It still says verification failed when I tried to sign into Icloud. I do not know what to do . I have wi-fi on my mini.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have no idea if the following will work, but it's the next thing I would try in your place. I combines a couple of things that might work on their own, or not.

First I would go to Settings > iCloud and confirm that I am not signed in.

Next I would go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

While that's going on I would restart my router. Yes, I know other things are working, but routers can cause problems on individual devices without affecting others. It's complicated.

When the router is back online, rejoin your home network, then go back into Settings > iCloud and see if you can sign into iCloud.

Another, unlikely, scenario is that you have a firewall, and for some reason it's blocking Apple's authentication servers. If you do, you can try turning off the firewall while signing up. Later you'll want to identify the necessary changes in the firewall.

The firewall would not affect the icloud.com site, since authentication would be indirect through the website.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts