What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad4.. any guesses?

What are you looking forward too for the iPad 4?

• Thinner

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Larger Screen

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Lighter

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Faster

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Better keyboard

• Better screen

• More accesories

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iDeviceGuru said:
I didn't specify flash itself, I said some sort of flash player, as the original flash wouldn't be compatible with the codec of Apples software. So they may create something along the lines of flash to watch videos on the Internet.

The iDevice Guru

Seriously doubt they will do anything more to support flash in any way. This is apple.

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Seriously doubt they will do anything more to support flash in any way. This is apple.

You should read what I'm saying more carefully. Flash player will not bond with apples codec on their software, therefor I was stating that they will make online videos compatible to watch on the iPad.

The iDevice Guru

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iDeviceGuru said:
You should read what I'm saying more carefully. Flash player will not bond with apples codec on their software, therefor I was stating that they will make online videos compatible to watch on the iPad.

The iDevice Guru

Which is not a feature/app of any future iPad, but the direction sites like YouTube are going, ie. HTML5 and you do not need a iPad 4 for that!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iDeviceGuru said:

The iDevice Guru

In a few more years they won't even have to do that. Flash in all forms is on its way out and there will be soon no need to convert anything.

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
In a few more years they won't even have to do that. Flash in all forms is on its way out and there will be soon no need to convert anything.

Yes we all know this but in the mean time apple have to start getting the next iPad/iPhone out on the market and they will need an idea that everyone has been asking for.

The iDevice Guru

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
Which is not a feature/app of any future iPad, but the direction sites like YouTube are going, ie. HTML5 and you do not need a iPad 4 for that!

You don't need an iPhone 4 to make a phone call, but you want what you think is the best cell phone on the market. And if you have an iPad you want it to be able to do as much as possible.

The iDevice Guru

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iDeviceGuru said:
Yes we all know this but in the mean time apple have to start getting the next iPad/iPhone out on the market and they will need an idea that everyone has been asking for.

The iDevice Guru

This has already been answered several times in this thread. Apple's not going to do anything but allow the use of the various conversion apps already in the app store.

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
This has already been answered several times in this thread. Apple's not going to do anything but allow the use of the various conversion apps already in the app store.

Yea you can purchase apps that allow you to watch videos on the Internet, however not everyone is wanting to have to load up an app(which will have bugs) every time they want to browse the Internet in the chance that they will come across videos that aren't connected to YouTube. Also with a whole new software complex, there will be an even larger opening for apps.

The iDevice Guru

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iDeviceGuru said:
Yea you can purchase apps that allow you to watch videos on the Internet, however not everyone is wanting to have to load up an app(which will have bugs) every time they want to browse the Internet in the chance that they will come across videos that aren't connected to YouTube. Also with a whole new software complex, there will be an even larger opening for apps.

The iDevice Guru

Have you read this yet? Make sure to check out the link in the post. This goes a long way to explain why we will never see a native Flash player on any iDevice,including the next generations of the iPhone and iPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/54704-flash-ipad.html

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hah Adobe has given up on flash for mobile.

I can remember when the iPad was first launched there were non stop complains about the absence of flash and how android was was going to sink iOS with this one feature alone.

As to crashing apps I can't remember the last time, but I'm no guru...........

virginblue4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to trade mag Digtimes, there is a rumour going round at the moment that there will be a new iPad this summer!

Apparently with a new screen by Sharp (IGZO), thinner battery and better battery life.

Exactly, Digitimes. That says it all. There will NOT be a new iPad until AT LEAST 2013. Probably March again.

L3Nix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 4....My bet would be....they add nothing. Slight tweaks/fixes and maybe a feature or two. But nothing more.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Flash has been covered ad nauseum on this forum. For the purposes of this thread could we please leave it alone. This thread asks what members would like to see, or expect to see, on future iPads. Here's a reminder of the relevant rule.

----- Rule 4
Reminder - Rule 4 Create threads in the proper forum. Threads created and posted in the wrong forum are subject to deletion. One thread on the same topic or question, posted in multiple forums, is also subject to deletion. Do not post an off-topic comment in an existing thread. This derails the conversation and makes it difficult for others to follow. If you have a comment or question that is different from the topic in the thread, please start a new thread. Thread hijacking is not allowed... this includes starting general chit-chat or banter in legitimate threads. Keep this in the Off Topic section. Chit-chat in the Off Topic section (or specifically titled "chat" threads) must still follow the Forum Rules. Do not “bump” a post to attract attention to it. If, after 48 hours, you have not received a response on a question you may bump your post one (1) time. If you still do not receive a response send a private message (PM) to a moderator and ask for assistance. Bumping posts may subject the post to deletion and you may receive an infraction. Please review all our forum rules here

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the future state of battery technology allows it,I expect we'll see an extended battery life.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With the ever increasing size of apps,especially gaming apps,I would like to see the maximum available storage on a new iPad increased from the current maximum of 64GB.

Most reactions

Latest posts