What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad3

rdfleming

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad continuously turns itself on and off. Have tried pressing home button and power button together but no success - any ideas how to fix?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPad continuously turns itself on and off. Have tried pressing home button and power button together but no success - any ideas how to fix?

Hi rdfleming and welcome to the forum. J.A. above made a suggestion. In the absence of any feedback from you (which is always helpful to other members with a similar problem) and assuming that your problem was not resolved, you could try the following steps:
1) Turn off your router, wait a minute and then turn it back on.
2) Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.
Let us know how you got on. Other solutions may be possible.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi Rdfleming - welcome to the forum! :) Just a double check, i.e. have you held both of the buttons mentioned above long enough for the Apple logo to appear? If not, please try again - takes a while but once the logo is on the screen, the iPad will do a 'Reset' - if this does not apply, then please post back - good luck!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I was having the same problem, so I did above but I canot rember my password for the internet. what do I do. thank you CAROL

What exactly do you need? Is it the password for your router to set up WiFi again?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry forgot the password, Thank you carol

Perhaps it's in the manual, or on a sticker on the router somewhere.
If you can't find anything, you will have to reset the router and set it up again, this time writing down the password.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi, I was having the same problem, so I did above but I canot rember my password for the internet. what do I do. thank you CAROL

Hi Carol - you've kind of 'hijacked' a thread that seems unrelated to the problem of the OP - thus, you are unlikely to receive the attention needed (vs. starting a new thread) w/ your post buried in another - just saying.

Now, as Johanna has stated you really need to clarify your situation (and may want to start your own thread) - first, why did you attempt to 'reset' your iPad? And second, what password are you trying to recover? As mentioned, passwords exist for routers (either the default ones or those changed, a suggested necessity) - if that is the problem, then you will need to reset the router & enter the 'default' login/password of the product's brand/model (this information is usually available in the manual or on the company's website) - if another password, then please explain. Good luck - Dave :)

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do a google search for default password for your brand of router. iF that doesn't factory reset your router ( there's a tiny hole you have to press it with something pointy)
Also you can try to restore & set up as new iPad method, just go to itunes on the pc/mac and select restore when you have your iPad connected. It's dead simple.

Most reactions

Latest posts