What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad3 video conversion settings

kbloco1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to reconverst some of my movies to take advantage of the new retina display but I am unsure of what settings to use. I typically use handbrake, but most of the video settings should be fairly universal across diferent programs. Any help and guidance would be appreciated.

Headblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using the highest conversion settings, and although the file sizes are huge, the quality is a noticeable difference.

Sent from my 3rd Gen iPad using iPF app

KBot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you upscaling to 1080p or 1536 lines? Are you zooming & cropping to the 16:9 retina screen ratio? Can you post a screenshot of your settings right before you encode?

Konoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobiledevice.blog.com
Codec as H.264, video size to 1080p or more, and the format set as .MP4, then it can be played well on New iPad, and it need you to be sure that the movies are 1080p previously, or it can't get the visual effects as what you want.

Anime_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To take advantage of the 1080p playback of new iPad 3, you may use the settings below(default settings of the 'iPad 3 Full HD' format in pavtube video converter):
Video
Video Codec- H.264
Video Format- .mp4
Resolution- 1920x1080
Video Bitrate – 5000kbps
Frame Rate – 30fps
Audio
Audio Codec- AAC
Audio Bitrate- 128kbps
Sample Rate- 48khz
Audio Channel- Stereo

cjd1978

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this old thread but is 5000 kbps the highest 1080p bitrate supported, or the that iPad can play back reasonably well? I have some 1080p files that ate well over 12 kbps. Will they not play smoothly on the 3rd gen iPad?

Most reactions

Latest posts