What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad3 link up to tv?

oliviaxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hiya can u link up ipad3 to a tv and if so how ,also if so can itune movies be watched ? Thanks xx

OP
O

oliviaxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks , Do I need a hdmi cable or something ?

OP
O

oliviaxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
O maybe they had the av adapter that wasn't an apple on as a guy in a shop near me stopped selling them as caused loads problems and advised I get from apple itself

OP
O

oliviaxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased a adapter and hdmi lead it comes onto the tv but doesn't fill the screen it's like it is squeezed in ,don't know if it's the hdmi cable being the wrong one confused dot com

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
oliviaxx said:
Hiya can u link up ipad3 to a tv and if so how ,also if so can itune movies be watched ? Thanks xx

Have you tried looking into the Apple TV? It will allow you to stream your iTunes movies wirelessly from your iPad to the Apple TV which is connected to your TV screen.
http://www.apple.com/ca/appletv/

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
oliviaxx said:
I purchased a adapter and hdmi lead it comes onto the tv but doesn't fill the screen it's like it is squeezed in ,don't know if it's the hdmi cable being the wrong one confused dot com

Actually, on most TVs you can adjust the aspect ratio from 16:9 (default) to 4:3, which will make the screen look less "squished" when mirroring the iPad. On my Panasonic the button is just labelled Aspect. Depending on the make and model, you may need to delve into the menu.

Most reactions

Latest posts