What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad3 can't share multiple videos

play14me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, new to this forum. I have an ipad 3 and am having trouble sharing multiple videos on my camera roll. I can go to edit and select several videos and the check mark appears on the thumbnails, but when I press the share button all I get is a gray box attached to the share button. I can share a single video, just not multiple...the videos are about 1 min. Each so I don't see how it could be a file size issue.
Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a feature of the iPad. It can't (won't) send, via e-mail, videos that are more than about 5MB - which is about a minute. The file sizes are too large to send by e-mail.

If I may suggest - perhaps you might want to think of signing up for a cloud storage such as Dropbox. You can download a free app to interact with Dropbox. Then, you can upload the videos and share a link with your recipient. Much easier, IMHO.

Maybe worth a shot?

Marilyn

OP
P

play14me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm confused? Page 59 of the ipad users guide for ios 6.0 states that multiple photos & videos can be shared. What do I not understand?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
it's not the number of videos that's the focus - it's the size. Most ISPs won't let you send videos via e-mail because of their size; they are too big.

That why it may be better to look at uploading the video to a file-sharing site or an online storage.

Marilyn

Most reactions