What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2

sohailshah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad was dropped in water, someone told me to put it in uncooked rice and leave for 2-3 days as it will suck all the moisture in it. I did the same and today after 3 days took it out and connected with the charger, it showed the battery charging sign for a short while then disappeared. Did the same again for a couple of time and it would do the same again. And I could also see some moisture trapped in behind the screen as it shows the sign, please somebody advise what to do now.

marcomann77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did this on my old iphone 3gs i dried it the best i could and then put it inside a rice bag but i put the rice in like a cardboard type evnvelope as that also takes mouisture out aswell as the rice and mine did the same but after 2 attemptts it worked but i got rid bought the iphone 4 but the question is was it clean fresh tap water or has it had chemicals in etc anything sugary things like that water sometimes isnt the problem its whats in the water!

Sent from Mark Bailey iPad using iPF

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can try putting it back in a ziplock bag or tupperware container with rice and leave it for a few days and see if it helps. It may be that too much water got in and nothing will save it. If that's the case you can take it to apple and see what options you have; worst case scenerio is you're going to have to buy a new one at full price or see if they have refurbs available for a discounted price.

marcomann77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have home insurance say you or one of the kids split a glass off water over it get a new one then for a small charge

apple2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad was dropped in water, someone told me to put it in uncooked rice and leave for 2-3 days as it will suck all the moisture in it. I did the same and today after 3 days took it out and connected with the charger, it showed the battery charging sign for a short while then disappeared. Did the same again for a couple of time and it would do the same again. And I could also see some moisture trapped in behind the screen as it shows the sign, please somebody advise what to do now.

That means the ipad have not dried totally in the rice...
Maybe try again or buy a new one ...

marcomann77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apple2011 said:
That means the ipad have not dried totally in the rice...
Maybe try again or buy a new one ...

Try with the cardboard pcket evenvelope lije a large jiffy envelope if not ring the insurance company accidental damage

riley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your best bet is going to be trying to get a new one via your insurance company, Apple won't touch it once they know it's suffered water damage :(

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please don't take this as a suggestion - just some information to consider.

There are products on the market with about the look, size, and consistancy of rice grains, that is made specifically to absorb moisture from the air - such as in an RV or the like. I'm a full-time Motorhome resident and that's how I learned about it, and an RV supplies store was the last place I saw some. I have a feeling that the absorbancy action of this stuff is far greater than rice.

The thing I don't know about, and that which should be looked into, would be the chemical properties and possible corrosive actions on the items in close contact with it. If the device is a "lost cause" by any other actions, it probably couldn't hurt.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts