What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad2 with 5.0 (9A334) iOS - JAILBREAKABLE?

swangrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the title suggests, I got myself an ipad2 few months ago, came preinstalled with 5.0 iOS, never upgraded or anything. And since I've already got an iPad 1st gen which I have jailbroken I'd like to do the same with this one. And also, can my version of iOS be jailbroken at all? Sorry if my questions are stupid but I'm such a noob I still wonder how I managed to hack my 1st gen iPad in the 1st place
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
iOS 5 cannot be Jailbroken, you cannot update to 5.0.1 which is Jailbreakable as Apple are no longer signing that iOS, 6.0.1 is the only iOS that you could update to as your ipad2 has not been previously Jailbroken, this iOS unfortunately hasn't been Jailbroken at this time. Sorry for the bad news

Chris
IPF Moderator

OP
S

swangrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Too bad... Yeah, it's a brand new iPad2 so it hasnt been jailbroken before... Bummer...that there is no way to upgrade to 5.0.1 and then jailbreak...I have really thought and hoped that it would be doable. :/

OP
S

swangrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I've read almost the whole iOS 6 jailbreak status topic, i hope it surfaces soon.
Thanks for the tips. I need a confirmation, though. There is nothing stopping me from upgradeing to ios 6, since i can do nothing to enable jailbreak with my current software?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take this as confirmation. You cannot install any other version of IOS 5.x on your device as it stands. You do not have any 5.x SHSH Blobs for it and you cannot get them now as Apple is no longer providing them. You therefore don't have any way to jailbreak the device currently. We have plenty of sticky threads on the subject so you can research further.

You have absolutely no option but to update to 6.x and wait for a jailbreak to be released.

OP
S

swangrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification.

When I go to software update on my iPad it seems As if I can only update to 6.0.1 and Ive read somewhere that jb is being done for 6.0 only and that you should avoid 6.0.1 if u want tojb eventually. Is there a way to upgrade to 6.0?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
swangrit said:
Thank you for the clarification.

When I go to software update on my iPad it seems As if I can only update to 6.0.1 and Ive read somewhere that jb is being done for 6.0 only and that you should avoid 6.0.1 if u want tojb eventually. Is there a way to upgrade to 6.0?

I'm afraid not, you can only go to the latest version, iOS 6.0.1

The Archangel

OP
S

swangrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lovely, if true.

Such a powerful device, such a retarded os and its policy. :(

Most reactions

Latest posts