What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD2 Wifi with ERROR 11 code. HELP!

ipogram

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have an IPAD2 WIFI.

and i've done all the ff. to upgrade from 4.3.5 to 5.0.1

- downloaded original Firmware 5.0.1 for Ipad2 WIFI
- used TinyUmbrella to saved 5.0.1 blobs and Shift+restore to manually select restore 5.0.1 in iTunes
- using Itunes 10.6

But at the end of extraction, I get error 11, any help please?

Thanks.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You CANNOT restore any previous version of IOS 5 on an iPad2 under any circumstances, regardless of whether you have saved blobs or not.

Please read our FAQ to understand why.

OP
I

ipogram

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi f4780y,

I am still in 4.3.5, and trying to install 5.0.1 with full blobs items below but getting Error 11 again after getting Error 6012 on my last full attempt (Took 30mins before having Error 6012):
- used TinyUmbrella to saved 5.0.1 blobs and Shift+restore to manually select restore 5.0.1 in iTunes
- using Itunes 10.6

Do you think I should try downloading iTunes 10.5 and restart the upgrade to 5.0.1?

Thanks.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipogram said:
Hi f4780y,

I am still in 4.3.5, and trying to install 5.0.1 with full blobs items below but getting Error 11 and Eror 6012 with several restarts upon trial:
- using Itunes 10.6

Do you think I should try downloading iTunes 10.5 and restart the upgrade to 5.0.1?

Thanks.

No offence, but which part of "you cannot do it under any circumstances" wasn't clear? :D

You cannot install 5.0.1 on an iPad2 now. It doesn't matter if you are on 4.x, or if you have 5.0.1 blobs, or if your name is Harry Potter and you are a wizard. I can't be done! ;)

If you want to install a 5.x firmware it must be the latest, which is 5.1, and you CANNOT jailbreak 5.1 on iPad2 yet.

If you have saved blobs for 4.x and a wifi iPad2 you can of course use TinyUmbrella to install 4.x firmware.

Hope that clarifies.

OP
I

ipogram

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No offence, but which part of "you cannot do it under any circumstances" wasn't clear? :D

You cannot install 5.0.1 on an iPad2 now. It doesn't matter if you are on 4.x, or if you have 5.0.1 blobs, or if your name is Harry Potter and you are a wizard. I can't be done! ;)

If you want to install a 5.x firmware it must be the latest, which is 5.1, and you CANNOT jailbreak 5.1 on iPad2 yet.

If you have saved blobs for 4.x and a wifi iPad2 you can of course use TinyUmbrella to install 4.x firmware.

Hope that clarifies.

Ok got it... I guess I'm late for only a few days.......... :(

Most reactions

Latest posts