What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 WIFI - is it on? is it off?

nicolek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am having a strange problem with my iPad2 (64 GB wifi). I will try to be brief.

I am currently on vacation and staying at a hotel. Yesterday I was able to connect normally to the hotel's wifi and other businesses' networks. but today I'm unable to find wifi networks outside of the hotel - and I know there are a million of them. Making it even more odd, under the "settings" menu, it says that the wifi is OFF but when I slide my finger over the switch to turn it on, no networks show up and the wifi setting in on the left hand side that shows the status still says that it's off. But it's not off. I'm inexplicably still connected to the hotel wifi. it automatically joins the network when I return to my room but nowhere in the settings or network information does it list the hotel network, nor do I see the signal strength symbol in the upper left corner.

I'm obviously very confused. Does anyone have experience with something like this? help?

Jbembenek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might try powering down your iPad. Hold the power button fou about 4 seconds and it will turn off. Then turn it on again by pressing the power button. You shoul see the Apple logo and then the lock screen. This many times will solve problems. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
N

nicolek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ah, the old turn it off turn it back on.

I just powered it off but the swirling light has been circling for the past several minutes. This does not look good. Is there any way to power it off FOR REAL?

One thing I should add... I am out of the country and left my Mac at home. Reseting everything is a very unappealing option.

OP
N

nicolek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aHA! it came back up WITH SIGNAL. Thanks, Jim. I should have quit panicking and thought to just turn it of...

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... Is it on? Is it off?

According to the principles of quantum physics as demonstrated by Schrödinger's cat, it is simultaneously on AND off.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nicolek said:
ah, the old turn it off turn it back on.

I just powered it off but the swirling light has been circling for the past several minutes. This does not look good. Is there any way to power it off FOR REAL?

for future reference, hold down power+home for forced shutdown if it does not shutdown nicely... Had to do that with iPhone 4 one time

Most reactions

Latest posts