What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 and Hotel Wireless

jlennon111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own the wireless iPad2. Have absolutely no problem with my home wireless and work wireless. Ipad2 automatically recognizes those networks.

I have been unsuccessful connecting to a hotel wireless. When I go to settings, the hotel wireless is not one of the choices. When I manually type in the hotel wireless name, I get an error "Could not find the network".

Any ideas?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this a specific instance or have you never been able to connect to an external wireless? How about Starbucks or MacDonalds, for example?

Tim

OP
J

jlennon111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this a specific instance or have you never been able to connect to an external wireless? How about Starbucks or MacDonalds, for example?

Tim

It has been every hotel I have been in. I haven't yet tried places like Starbucks and McDonald's, only hotels.

dogenia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used my Ipad wirelessly in every hotel I have been in the world since October 2010.

I have even went so far to create a wireless network inside the hotel room using the Apple Airport.

Usually once the hotel wireless service has been identified, it pops a lil message asking for manual input. Once you click on that, you should be able to follow the info on screen and get connected.

This has worked for me from Greece - Brazil. Good luck.

Most reactions