What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 Video Recording Size Settings

mkongx12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I wonder if anyone here can teach me how to change the iPad2 video recording size? I don't need to have such a high resolution and bit-rate (which would result in VERY BIG video size that my 16GB ver. can't take).

Alternatively, is there any video recording app that allows user to choose resolution and/or bit-rate size?

Please let me know.

Thanks! :eek:

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why would youwant smaller resolution? it makes for poor quality movies... you can always transfer your movies to your computer where you have the space...

OP
M

mkongx12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, the reason why I want smaller res was because of a lecture that I tried to record yesterday. For 50 mins of video, it ate up 3.86GB of my storage! And I have a 8 hours long lecture daily....so, my 16GB is definitely not enough.

Any solutions?

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure you can lower the resolution check google google is your friend the only other option would be to just record the audio?...unless you need the video portion also??

OP
M

mkongx12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, i did google for it, and that's why and how i landed here. :eek: :eek: I guess there is no solution to it then, right?

Andrew Gunawan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hay,
I'm facing the same problem. i recorded my lecture for 3 hours it took 27 Gb in my I pad 3

Please any one help me,.....

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1TapVideo allows you to change the resolution of the video recording to a lower setting than the stock app. Lower resolution = less space taken up.

Most reactions

Latest posts