What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad2 "please connect to itunes..."

Jago25_98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been given an old ipad2 from a friend before they moved overseas. Unfortunately, I think their toddler put the pin in wrong too many times and it's asking for itunes on boot. iTunes tells me it's locked.

I thought I'd use TinyUmbrella but the EDITED - no website links link just times out. I managed to get a copy of it from somewhere but without the bundled JRE. I installed Java separately but that resulted in a Java like problem:

"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/jna/Pointer
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
at com.semaphore.tu.TinyLoader.main(TinyLoader.java:78)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(LauncherEngine.java:65)
at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.MacLauncher.main(MacLauncher.java:67)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.jna.Pointer
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:355)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)
... 9 more"

I renamed the file and even dug into the .app to find the jar and tried launching with 'java -jar tinycfw.jar, after a rename too and still no dice.

Is there some other tool I can use? A command line blob loader or something?

To be honest I don't even need a jailbreak because I'm just intending to use this as a sidecar display with Yam display.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
J

Jago25_98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!
I guess 'restore' actually means wipe.

Now I have the activation lock. As far as I can tell all she needs to do is login to iCloud and turn off the lock so I'm sending her an email. I guess all I then need to do is restart and hopefully the user and pass won't be needed.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks!
I guess 'restore' actually means wipe.

Now I have the activation lock. As far as I can tell all she needs to do is login to iCloud and turn off the lock so I'm sending her an email. I guess all I then need to do is restart and hopefully the user and pass won't be needed.
If she set a password to unlock the iPad, it will still be there after iCloud Activation Lock has been turned off. If you don’t know the password, erasing the iPad is the only way to get rid of it.

Most reactions