What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 new info

shiregirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just watching MSNBC sun morning -- they just said new ipad coming out in feb'11 c/ lots of features, a "little" smaller, camera, ability to talk in real time, didnt get specific -- said with competitive tablets coming out, apple has to add features to keep up -- so what have all you hi tech folks found out today?
thanks,
julie

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just watching MSNBC sun morning -- they just said new ipad coming out in feb'11 c/ lots of features, a "little" smaller, camera, ability to talk in real time, didnt get specific -- said with competitive tablets coming out, apple has to add features to keep up -- so what have all you hi tech folks found out today?
thanks,
julie
Interesting. Could be that would only be a change in bezel size...

ifans

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a good explanation! Well noted with thanks!

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gotta love competition

Too bad it took competition for Applemto realize that they released a gimped product with not enough ram, no camera, and even their own phone has a better screen.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not a lot of competition still. Apple is looking to enchant everyone with Facetime, so a camera in the iPad had to happen. Why the front facing camera is anyone's guess, as it is not gonig to have much use other than spying on people. The gyroscope is an easy add-on, but should have some great potential with apps. Thinner is what the Apple products are pushing to achieve, so whenever they can make it thinner, it will happen. All it means is going with a thinner, lighter piece of glass that may be stronger.

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I would like to see in iPad 2.0 is a faster processor with at least double the RAM, two cameras, lighter weight, and a higher resolution screen(though now I can watch 1080P HD movies on iPad, but a higher would be better ;)). With no flash or attached keyboard, a USB slot would be OK but if they add it I doubt it will have any other function that the current system already allows.

I really don't understand the want for a camera on the back of the iPad. Are you really gonna walk around pulling out your ipad to take a picture instead of your phone? IMO anyone holding a 10 inch iPad to take a 5 mpx picture is gonna look stupid... The front camera is a necessity I believe, but back camera I can live without, that's why I have a phone lol

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree the front camera can be used for business video conferencing. If the iPad 2 is the same size as 1 the rear camera will be a joke to use. I really hope they don't downsize it as small as the galaxy tab because it is just too small to be useful.

Walker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I would like to see in iPad 2.0 is a faster processor with at least double the RAM, two cameras, lighter weight, and a higher resolution screen(though now I can watch 1080P HD movies on iPad, but a higher would be better ;)). With no flash or attached keyboard, a USB slot would be OK but if they add it I doubt it will have any other function that the current system already allows.

I really don't understand the want for a camera on the back of the iPad. Are you really gonna walk around pulling out your ipad to take a picture instead of your phone? IMO anyone holding a 10 inch iPad to take a 5 mpx picture is gonna look stupid... The front camera is a necessity I believe, but back camera I can live without, that's why I have a phone lol

I agree, pointless having a camera on the back. Front facing for skype and video calling ect is a great idea. TBH I can live without a camera on the front or back

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems that Apple is listening to some of the complaints. What was originally suspected to be a SD card port is now shown to be a larger speaker. The new iPad is going to have less bevel and a smaller bezel.

Tasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, but I will not be upgrading, I love the size of the iPad and have no need for a camera. If I need to take a picture that bad I will just use my iphone:D

Most reactions

Latest posts