What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 movies keep pausing

xzach23x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone can tell me why my movies keep pausing every few minutes please help me. I rented a movie and it pauses and makes me push play and this happens continually through the movie. If anyone has this same problem or knows how to fix it please email at MODERATED thank you!

........Please do not post email addresses as per Forum Rules......

Last edited by a moderator:

darrenjcampbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The simplest answer would be that your internet connection isn't fast enough so your iPad has to wait while it downloads the next bit to play. This is called buffering. Sorry if that's too simple an answer, but we've got to start somewhere, right?

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest you get Speedtest from App Store. Run a speed test (download & upload).
Do the same from your computer (with ethernet cable connection to your router).
Compare the two or report them back here for feedback.

Have a look at Apple pages regarding movie rentals:

iTunes Store: Download times will vary

Also:
Although the following applies to Apple TV streaming movie rentals, it is useful for comparison:
A sustained 6-Mbit/s or faster Internet connection is recommended for viewing high-definition movies and TV shows, and a sustained 2.5-Mbit/s or faster Internet connection is recommended for standard-definition content.

Most reactions