What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie few questions

sillyrabbitt123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

Got my new white ipad2 64gb 3g verizon today waited like 3 hours met some nice people was a good time.

I have a few newbie questions though:

1- Is there a way to switch the user agent on the browser to make it show in desktop mode? I want to go to through safari to gmail and lookup my contacts or do i just setup my email account on the ipad to get it to show that way?

2- Show I allow "PUSH" notification from aps?

3- How do I close apps when done using them

4- How do i back up within an app to a previous page or area of that app

5- Is there a way to lock apps by password protection to keep my kids out of my email etc etc

6- Also was signing up the wife for people mag and downloaded some issues but there didnt seem a way to do it in the background is that possible? I left the app to go surf the web and I came back to the app in a bit and it paused the dl of the issue until i started it again.

7- This is a crazy one:
Anyone else come across this yet? Verizon is billed on a prepay basis and will not give you a bill? They just charge your credit card and will not give you an invoice. CRAZY! i need a bill to submit to my company who pays the 3g. Anyone know how to get verizon to send a bill?

thanks for the help!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Most reactions