What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Lock App

biredale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

Is there a screen locking app that I can tap to lock my iPad on demand? I like to keep it unlocked at my desk but would like a quick way to lock the iPad when I walk away. I know I can use the power button on the top but was interested in a single tap icon much like that wonderful (now banned) Bluetooth app.

Thanks!

Brian

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would just use the Passcode Lock that comes with your ipad. When you hit the power button to put the ipad to sleep it locks the ipad and then when you hit the power button again it will ask for the passcode (numbers) or word (letters).

It's in Setting/General/Passcode Lock

EDIT:
Have a look at Lockdown Pro $2.99

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you jailbroken?

If yes, there is a free tweak (in Cydia) called "QuickLock 2." When you install it, you get an icon. Then, all you have to do is tap the icon and bam! Your iPad goes to sleep.

I use it all the time. In fact, it's on my dock so it's always available. Very, very handy little tweak.

But, only for jailbroken devices - nothing I know of works for stock other than the sleep button.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts