What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 - deletes mail from yahoo server

jwterry99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While using the native mail app, when I receive mail it seems to delete mail from the server so I can't get it with home pc. How can I have it keep a copy on yahoo server? I have the OE program on pc set to keep on server for 5 days after download but don't see how to do on iPad. T hanks for any help!
Jim

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Your one of the few who don't want this to happen, most people complain about the other way round :)

Change your setup for your mail account to POP, then the ipad will download a copy from the server, rather than working directly with the server itself.

OP
J

jwterry99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
Your one of the few who don't want this to happen, most people complain about the other way round :)

Change your setup for your mail account to POP, then the ipad will download a copy from the server, rather than working directly with the server itself.

I'm sorry but I don't see how to do it. I see an Outgoing option (SMTP), but no incoming. How do I do that?
Thank you,
Jim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this...

'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Account', (choose the account), 'Advanced', 'Delete Mail from Server' -> 'Never' (or whatever you want)

Tim

OP
J

jwterry99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim,
Thank you very much! I can't believe I didn't see that.
Jim

Jeb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad deletes messages despite "never" setting

Trying to set up iPad email with Yahoo (Plus) account. Can't get iPad to leave a copy of the messages on the server. 1st set up the email with the "Yahoo!" selection from main host provider menu, no option in that UI to leave a copy on the server. So deleted that account and set it up manually as "other" type of email. Have option selected to never delete emails from incoming server, but they still delete when I download to iPad. iPad problem only... works as expected on iPhone. Any help fixing this is appreciated.
Edit: Tried deleting the email account and re-creating it, but still same problem. Also, this a problem with all accounts/servers, not just the Yahoo server. Set up second email account, same problem. May not be using iPad to check email if this persists (sad). :-(

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts