What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 + CCK + SD = disconnects

smikes19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I have an iPad2 jailbroken on 4.3.3. I also have a 3rd party ebay 5-in-1 CCK and a Patriot 16GB SD card.

Basically iFile mounts the volume and I can see my videos. However, videos only play for 3 or 4 minutes, and then the OS disconnects the device. It remounts automatically again, but obviously this causes an issue with playback.

I've tried creating empty DCIM folders, populated ones, moving the videos to different locations on the SD card, but same results.

I have the dmesg output if anyone wants to see it. Anyone seeing anything similar?

thanks,
mike

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 472

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know this doesn't help much, but the official CCK works fine. Personally, I think you are going to struggle pinpointing it if you are using a 3rd party one.

Can you tell us the make? Maybe a google of that will throw up some info?

OP
S

smikes19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks -- that was actually quite helpful. I picked up a genuine CCK this evening. Works perfect!

Let this be a note to everyone that the ebay 5-in-1 camera connection kits are iffy...

jawbraker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks -- that was actually quite helpful. I picked up a genuine CCK this evening. Works perfect!

Let this be a note to everyone that the ebay 5-in-1 camera connection kits are iffy...

There is also a "3 in 1" that I am considering buying. I will continue to search the forum.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was going to say to move the video temporarily to the iPad while you watch it, and then move it back.

jawbraker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jawbraker said:
There is also a "3 in 1" that I am considering buying. I will continue to search the forum.

I went ahead and bought that 3 in 1 and it works with my old one gb flash drive. Haven't tried it with any others

Most reactions

Latest posts