What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 and ipod info

Canamnf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Going on vacation Friday can I charge my little iPod (square one) using iPad ? Can I use my iPod with iPad as speakers

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not think you can use the iPad to be a power source for another device or use it as external speakers for another unit.

Perhaps others may have other options. Regarding the speakers, why not purchase an inexpensive portable speaker device that you can use with your iPod? Regarding charger, why not just bring your iPod charger...unless you do not have it anymore? Once again, a universal charger for your iPod may also be an option for you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You should be able to charge the iPod using the iPad charger (if that is what you meant), though if it's an older iPod be sure to use it's charging cord. Some of the earlier classic models used different pins to charge. If it is so old it uses a firewire port, then use the iPod's charger, not the iPads. At any rate, you can try it at home. I shouldn't hurt anything.

You might be able to trick the iPad into being a speaker with a combination of cords to convert the iPod's output to a mono-micorphone input and some recording style app. I don't recommend it. You can get a cheap portable speaker that will sound better for less money. Not to say it will sound very good, but neither does the iPad's speaker.

Most reactions

Latest posts