What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad1 wont upgrade to ios 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangelo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am shocked that Apple is not responding to the millions that can't upgrade!

[Moderator edit: Post edited IAW forum rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is the problem? I updated my ipad1 last night?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mangelo said:
I am shocked that Apple is not responding to the millions that can't upgrade! WTF!

Hmm, I've seen about half a dozen members here reporting the problem.....that's out of a membership here of 170,000+ so I'm thinking that millions might be somewhat of an exaggeration......if I've told you once about exaggerating then I've told you a million times......

The Archangel

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My installation was the smoothest of all the updates. I have noticed a few glitches but nothing serious,not even sure it's the update or something else. I did notice that my iBooks opens faster than before.
I have an iPad 1.

☮ ♥ 

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded both my and my husband's iPad 1s OTA without probs.

thesoundsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.thesoundsmith.com
Also no prob here - iPod3 64G, iPad 1 16G. Suggest those having issues eboot your computer, close all other apps, clear and clod boot y9ur iPad, THEN try from the top. Perhaps Download and Install as 2 separate things as well. Make it as easy on your machine as possible...

Kezza48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 1 also won't upgrade.Took it to the apple store in Penrith and said I haven't received the 1 above the setting icon or iTunes app they said I won't.They went in to my setting and it shows running latest update which for me is 5.1.1.3 different staff members told me I would need to buy a iPad 2 or 3 as the original couldn't take the upgrade.Not happy as a
few of my games are already saying their next upgrade will not work on devices less than 6.0.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the facts. The first generation iPad cannot be upgraded higher than 5.1.1. There is a lot of conjecture as to why - but that's all we know.

As this is an old topic (and there is nothing we can do except commiserate) - this thread is now closed. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts