What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad1 to HDtv

TJuulsgaard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there. After downloading the great BBC Iplayer - I really would like to be able to connect my Ipad to my hdtv.
But as far as I know the hdmi-converter doesnt work with ipad 1. Am I right about this?

If Im right, is there another way to connect to the tv and watch the BBC-iplayer?

Thanks in advance. Kind regards Thomas, Denmark.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The hdmi adapter works just fine on my iPad 1. Have had it since it came out.

OP
T

TJuulsgaard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I should be able to use the hdmi converter with my ipad 1? terrific news... thanks guys.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I use it all the time to play my nes and snes emulators on the big screen.

OP
T

TJuulsgaard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now having searched the internet on the subject - Im in serious doubt that the bbc iplayer (global) will be able to function with the hdmi-converter. It works perfect with the ipad 2 but full screen mirroring isnt supported for the ipad. Although I havent been able to get this info verified. Could anyone with the hdmi converter try to download the bbc iplayer app and try it on their tv. please ; )

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you jailbreak, you can mirror the iPad 1 screen using a tweak in Cydia called displayout. Screen is mirrored regardless of if the app supports it or not.

OP
T

TJuulsgaard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patience not being my kind of fun I bought the Apple TV box today. Guess what!? it works just perfect with the BBC IPlayer app. Excellent picture and no slowdown. Im happy : )

Most reactions

Latest posts