What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad

iAlberen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a retired software engineer and as a teenager I started working with computers back in the late '60's! Believe me I've seen a lot of improvement in four decades. On a whim and curious about Apple products, I bought an iPod Touch when they first came out in 2007. What an elegant piece of hardware and the GUI + touchscreen was the BEST! Apple's design is top notch and it was easy learning how to use it. Besides using the calendar, notepad, Safari -wow, Mail, stocks etc., I could download movies and TV shows, music, podcasts, apps.. well I was sold! For a guy who started with punch cards and 1 MB drives and teletype i/o - the iPod with its color touchscreen and 16 GB of storage - was magic!
I bought an iMac in Sept 2008 to replace an aging XP machine. It impressed me even more! I use it everyday and marvel at it!
When Steve Jobs introduced the iPad in January, I HAD to have one dudes and dudettes. It is a lot more then an oversized iPhone! Kindle, watch out. Bedtime viewing of movies or iBooks on that big screen will not strain my eyes. Well, I can't wait to try mine out. :)

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums.net.

Apple sucked me into the fold in a similar way. I saw the iPhone keynote and had to have it. Halfway through the 6 month wait for the iPhone to come out I bought myself a MacBook Pro. Since then I have bought every iPhone that has come out and I replaced 2 XP machines with 2 Mac Pros (dual dual-core xeons and dual quad-core xeons). I couldn't be happier ;).

DanaNgidhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a retired software engineer and as a teenager I started working with computers back in the late '60's! Believe me I've seen a lot of improvement in four decades. On a whim and curious about Apple products, I bought an iPod Touch when they first came out in 2007. What an elegant piece of hardware and the GUI + touchscreen was the BEST! Apple's design is top notch and it was easy learning how to use it. Besides using the calendar, notepad, Safari -wow, Mail, stocks etc., I could download movies and TV shows, music, podcasts, apps.. well I was sold! For a guy who started with punch cards and 1 MB drives and teletype i/o - the iPod with its color touchscreen and 16 GB of storage - was magic!
I bought an iMac in Sept 2008 to replace an aging XP machine. It impressed me even more! I use it everyday and marvel at it!
When Steve Jobs introduced the iPad in January, I HAD to have one dudes and dudettes. It is a lot more then an oversized iPhone! Kindle, watch out. Bedtime viewing of movies or iBooks on that big screen will not strain my eyes. Well, I can't wait to try mine out. :)

WOW! Do you ever take me WAYYY Back! I was a computer operator in the 70s. I trained on a 360 and keypunched from time to time. Do I ever feel OLD!!:eek:

Dana

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for me is a little different, i start to work with Apple LC II in year 1985/86 i bough also two PowerBook 100 & 160 , after that i be forced to use Windoze 98 because 2 software doesn't exist in Mac (Autocad & Autodesk) ... but 3 years ago i decide to buy for my personal use a Mac-Book i be so satisfied than i change all computer for my administrative staff just the tech staff can't use mac but all they complain because they also want to move in Mac

of course i also have every iPhone come out and i believe i can't be more happy with other device than the steve product's

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm glad ya found the forum! Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the device once you get a chance to play around with it.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first exposure to Apple was during college. I took a summer job with a fairly large Apple reseller in Centerville, Ohio. At the time the first laptop was coming on the scene at the bargain price of $7k, and the Mac SE/30 ruled the day. The coolest thing we did that summer was an install of 100 Macs for the B1B bomber project. From that point on I was a fan, but would not make the cross over until 2 years ago when I vowed to never allow another Windows based product in the house after losing 3000 photos in a blue screen crash. My wife has even learned how to use the Mac which is a huge victory, before I could not get her to even use the internet.

Most reactions

Latest posts