What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want an ipad. More info pls?

Blackrose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I'm Adelle.
I recently decided to save for an ipad cos I been wanting one for a while now and it's gotten to the stage where I must have one lol. Plus I'm addicted to my iPod touch and use it daily but run outta room on there.
I have a few questions.

I would be using the ipad mainly for games, apps and Internet. Maybe the odd video. I only want a wifi one, not 3g but I want loadsa space so I don't run out again so soon.
Would the 32gb one be enough for what I want it for? Obviously 64gb is better but inning benefits so it's gonna take me yonks to save as it is. I'd rather pay the extra to get a £499 32gb than a £420 odd 16gb cos I know that's not gonna last.

How fast is the iPad with safari etc? Does it lag at all?
Can I just use it the same way as the iPod by linking it to my router connection? And can I use the same bank account on the app store as the iPod is using? I read somethinh before about you can't have two iPods on the same bank account?

How much does the ipad need charging roughly? Sposed to be ten hours battery life but does the Internet take a lot of that up?

How comfortable is it to use? I find the iPod slippery and awkward sometimes but I don't like cases and covers. I like going under the blanket at bedtime and playing on games on the iPod so I'm guessing it'll be too awkward and heavy to do that with ipad lol. I don't think I can wait to save up!!

So it's basically an oversized version of what I already have?
Is it worth it and are there many games out for it? I have pretty much every hidden object and time management game for iPod and pc.
The cheapest place i've found a wifi only 32gb is £499 at currys and apple store. Any cheaper in the uk? I prefer to buy in store. Don't trust royal mail etc with fragile or expensive items at all'

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Adele welcome to the forum.
Ok as an iPod lover I've had mine for three months now and it gets used more than my quadcore box.
It really is worth it.
Speed and portability with a big screen. Once you play with it you'll realise that it's so much more than a big iPod. I take mine everywhere.

Video and iPlayer are great and if you have your other pc running you can stream videos directly over wifi (Air Video app).
Games are surprisingly good (and cheap tbh) with a very wide selection out there. Internet browsing is also good and there are a variety of alternative browsers on the appstore. That said I use safari 90% of the time.

Size....well 32 gives me five pages of apps, ten films/videos, loads of photos and lots of music. 64 is better but only if you need to load everything.
The apple case is light and i think a good idea if only to protect the screen and cushion accidental drops.
Only thing Currys(same chain as pcworld) are a pain to deal with. Go direct if you can.

OP
B

Blackrose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Want one even more now! Lol. I think maybe I'd be better off with the 64bit them if I want loadsa games. All my iPod pages are full up and I got hundeds more on top of that.

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you order from Apple directly it comes so very well packaged from China that it would be hard to imagine any in transit damage.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suppose you could fill up a 32GB with games, but I doubt it. Videos will take up the most space and then music. If you dont have a lot of music or videos, then I would expect 32GB to be fine. Of course, if you can easily afford the 64GB, go for it. I have had a 32GB for 3-4 months now and still have 10GB free. Most of that space is music. I have 3 full screens if apps, 12 of which are games, and all of them together take up like 2-3GB.

Media will take up most of your space - you probably already have an idea about how much music you have from your ipod, so if you dont have video, maybe double your music space and that would probably last you a long time.

Most reactions