What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Occassionally won't turn on

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this issue... Twice now my iPad won't turn on. I plug it in and then it comes on after about 5 minutes. Each time it has plenty of battery (85% just now) and when it comes on it appears to be just fine. Not sure if this is indicative of a bigger issue or just a minor issue that can be fixed somehow. Any thoughts?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried to reset it?

Hold the power button and the home button down at the same time until you see the Apple logo.

Let it reboot.

OP
NYHorsewoman

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have done that when it happened last time. I didn't do it this time. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced it and if it was something to worry about if it happens more often.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It happened to me once in more than a year with my iPad 1. My immediate thought was: Oh, oh, it's dead. I wonder what time the Apple store will open, so I can replace it immediately. ... Then I did a reset and it started. Lol. Hasn't happened since.

OP
NYHorsewoman

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I don,t turn it off often and I probably leave too many apps open, I just don't want to have to return it mostly because i have my screen protector perfectly attached with no bubbles!!! LOL

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts