What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad won't load

Waggie15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, newby to these iPads. I foolishly gtried to reset our iPad, but I didn't make a note of the iCloud login details nor save iPad data to iCloud. I now have an iPad that's pretty much useless, contacted Apple thay couldn't or wouldn't help, I was wondering if someone in iPad land would know how I can bypass the ipad sign in that's registered to this iPad 8th gen.

Hi, newby to these iPads. I foolishly gtried to reset our iPad, but I didn't make a note of the iCloud login details nor save iPad data to iCloud. I now have an iPad that's pretty much useless, contacted Apple thay couldn't or wouldn't help, I was wondering if someone in iPad land would know how I can bypass the ipad sign in that's registered to this iPad 8th gen.
You can’t “by-pass” the Apple ID log-in. If you reset the iPad from the iPad rather than a computer, you would have to have entered your credentials before doing so.

I agree with what you're saying but that was over 3years ago, I cannot remember the details (login email and password) so basically this is pretty much scrap then.

Can't prove I'm the owner.
Hi Waggie - do you own a computer, preferably an Apple and do you have an iCloud account? Below is a pic of my iCloud+ storage - note that there are 2 devices (my iPad & iPhone) being backed up (a back up is usually made when the device is charging), so if you have and can access the account, then note whether you have a backup (would be important to restore an iDevice).

With a computer and USB cable, you might be able to put the iPad into 'Recovery Mode' - see the Apple support article HERE - now there are many 'ifs' here and others may disagree (AND I've never had to do this!) - but answer the questions and look at the link - and hopefully further posts will verify (or not) whether this is even an option for you? Dave

iCloudStorage.jpg

I have an iPad that won't load up. I foolishly rebooted my previous iPad without noting the password to set it up again. My problem now is whilst I know the iCloud email address I don't have the password, tried resetting the password but the phone number shown as part of the security I no longer have. So I'm stumped, any help would be much appreciated.

I‘ve moved your new post to the existing thread, as the problem is still caused by your iCloud ID. Keeping the discussion of an issue to one thread will more likely help resolving it.

Maybe one of these steps will help:

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back