What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad won't load apps.

OP
D

dsz071

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That appears to have done the trick. I re-downloaded one app and it works fine, plus now all the other apps that were screwing up are working also. Thank you very much for your help. It is very much appreciated.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Nothing is screwed up - you just need to close all the apps using the multi-task bar.

Double-tap the Home button and the top of the screen will slide upwards to reveal the multi-task bar at the bottom of the screen. There you'll see a row of icons that indicate the apps that are currently loaded. We need to close them all. Press and hold any one of the icons in the multi-task bar until they start to jiggle. Each icon will then have a 'X' symbol in its upper left hand corner. Press each 'X' and the corresponding apps will shut down completely. Do this for all the apps. Now touch the Home button and the multi-task bar will close.

Now you're back to the regular Home screen and you can try and open an app again. You should find that they will work OK this time.

Tim

Correspondingly, I got a '-' instead of 'X'. Is it the same?

Yes - sorry, I was doing this from memory!

Tim

ViewFinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this exact problem and fixed it. It seems to be an iTunes store problem related to "authorization" of an app on a particular machine. I tried all the above with no success, but found that I could download a new app and it worked. Shortly thereafter all the other apps were working again.

jeffchua

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been having the same problems, but after trying all the suggestions in this thread, nothing has worked for me:(

Should I be resetting my ipad altogether?

Cheers.

ViewFinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution

As I said in my earlier post, the problem is with iTunes authorization, and downloading any 'new' app using the same iTunes ID as the for the ones that don't launch will fix the problem. (BTW, don't assume 'Noob' on this site = no experience)

Most reactions

Latest posts