What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest itunes won't load

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I updated itunes last night and since then it won't load, I uninstalled it quite a few times including all apple products with no luck loading the new version. I was able to load a very old version of Itunes but it won't recognise the folders from new version so I can't sync my Ipad. Does anyone know what a may have done in updating Itunes.

I am running window 7 64bit

OP
saphire

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did the update from itunes. I have tried just about everything and can't get it to work, I have uninstalled everything each time, bonjour, mobile me, all itunes applications the deleted the directories as well as all association in the reg. I have been trying different versions since 9am this morning.

Last edited:

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about doing a restore point on your PC. That may fix your initial problem,and iTunes works great,if the update then fails it may be corrupt somewhere.

OP
saphire

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only restore points are from today, all old ones are no longer there, every time I installed Itunes it did another restore point. All I have is about 50 points from today.:(
I can't use my Ipad until I load Itunes I reset the ipad last night after letting battery run down to refresh it.
Fortunately I had copied the directories with all the software that was on my ipad onto my backup drive. My Ipad just keep asking to plug into Itunes.

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Must be a bad file somewhere,maybe a full back of your pc and reset it to factory setting. On my vista I did it twice after a terminal error .

OP
saphire

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have just had processes running while dbl clicking on Itune exe file it starts in processes then stops and unloads.
I have had enough for today it's doing my head in. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't blame u.I just went on tunes to see the 10.o (for 4.3 ios) update,tried to do an app update first ,it could not do as said there was an error ??so I decided not to update iTunes yet.

OP
saphire

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Whoopee its working, I removed apple quicktime and all associations, did another install and it works. It seem like there was a some sort of conflict with the versions of quicktime.
The only thing thats confusing is it says I have itunes loaded on another computer and asks to delete everything on the Ipad and replace with this version where there is no files at all, all my music, applications, nothing.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updating itunes from inside itunes has never worked for me, not sure why always get error, but if you go to apple.com, try downloading itunes from there, just a note I never uninstall itunes first I just go to apple and download the new version and it works fine. try it and let us know.

Ok nvm lol ignore this then ;-)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts