What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad with iPhone MicroSIM Installed

DarkHorseMBA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just speculation, but wonder if someone could try this. I don't have a iPhone4 yet, but if this works I'd move up my purchase plans.

If ones takes a micro SIM from a iPhone4 and inserts it in an iPad 3G, would it work? Could you effectivly "share" a data plan between iPhone and iPad?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
apple and ATT have already said that the iPhone 4 micro sim will NOT work in the iPad, they will block it from working.

donsgraphics

iPF Noob
Reaction score
True...but...

What if you changed the profile in Safari for example to iphone...would it work then?!! Someone try and let us know.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Its not that simple.

Each device has its own IMEI number. This is the number given to the cellular towers each time the device connects. AT&T knows what IMEI numbers are for iphones and what ones are for iPads. When an iPad IMEI number connect with a simcard that has an iPhone data plan the connection is rejected from AT&T's side.

The IMEI number is embeded into the devices chips and changing it is highly illegal.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts