What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad will only sync and fetch when app is launched.

Pete77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using a few android devices (phones and tables) for a couple of years now. Many android apps come with an auto sync feature or alert which fetches information and alerts while app is closed. For instance, RSS apps can be set to fetch new feeds immediately and notify you. News apps like CNN can send a notification when there is breaking news or any type of news depending how you set it up. Apps on the Iphone has this ability too if am not mistaken.

To my big surprise, all apps on the ipad need to be launch before they sync and fetch. Which means you don't get no notification. Nothing can be synced in realtime. Even third party calender apps need to be launch on order to retrieve events from a online calender like Google. Am I missing something? If this is true then I'll need to sell my Ipad as fast as possible as it would be very useless for me.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To which specific app are you referring? I get notifications if I have a text, if I get an e-mail, I can set up my RSS feed to notify me, etc.

You can set up notifications in the Settings app of the iPad. A lot of apps have that availability - they'll send you push notices of things.

Maybe it's the app you are trying to use? If you tell us, maybe we can help...

Marilyn

OP
P

Pete77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For rss feed I use byline, feeddler rss and mobilerss. They will download feeds when you launch them.
For planning I use pocket informant. Also here it syncs immediately with google calendar when you create an event. However when you create an event in google calendar, it will sync with pocket informant when you launch the app. Apparently its way of automatic syncing is when the app is open. I hope I'm wrong.

Most reactions

Latest posts