What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad will not sync.

Andygo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I connected my iPad and it wil not sync. It connects - eg it pings and it says 'not charging' in the top right corner. iTunes starts up, but that's as far as it gets. I have uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled, but no change. iTunes does not see the iPad at all.

Any ideas folks?

Weird. Seems ok after I connected my iPod which synced just fine. I then connected the iPad and that worked perfectly.

What's all that about?

Last edited:

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I connected my iPad and it wil not sync. It connects - eg it pings and it says 'not charging' in the top right corner. iTunes starts up, but that's as far as it gets. I have uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled, but no change. iTunes does not see the iPad at all.

Any ideas folks?

Weird. Seems ok after I connected my iPod which synced just fine. I then connected the iPad and that worked perfectly.

What's all that about?

I don't have a good answer for you except software wierdness... Using a PC for many years, I just figure that things that don't make sense are going to happen in a good way and in bad ways...

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Any ideas folks?

What's all that about?

What about replacing the cable. It may be broken, with some internal loose connection to one of the pins. We take for granted the Mechanical parts, but they fail too.

OP
A

Andygo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks fine - its only a month or so old! And it worked straight away with my ipod.
Its clearly a software issueas itunes took ages to appear on screen when I connected the ipad.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Mac book pro that would not "see" the iPad in iTunes. First, it was an old OSx ( got a message for that though). Then I found that if I had Parallels running, it would "pull" the iPad signal. Even though iTunes was on the Mac side. I had to Shut down/Stop Parallels, then Itunes could find the iPad. (iPod recognition was fine the whole time)

Most reactions

Latest posts